Stadium Update - 2nd August

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/aps-meadow-park-blog/

Aston Villa away!

Obviously looking to play teams with 3g pitches which makes sense. Hungerford played their first pre-season friendly yesterday.

Another solid update. As AP says himself, not much new due to the daily updates.

Looking forward to these 2 new signings. Everything is perfect off the pitch. Just need to match it on the pitch and the world is our lobster.

(02-08-2020, 12:28 PM)Joe Wrote:  Another solid update. As AP says himself, not much new due to the daily updates.

Looking forward to these 2 new signings. Everything is perfect off the pitch. Just need to match it on the pitch and the world is our lobster.

Not the usual blog but it still gives out the information that we all want? The video's from last week we're great, and two new player's to be announced this week. What more can we want,except to win the Euro lotto?

Really enjoyed the recent videos from AP and Neil. This week's Blog, the pictures do the talking. New Meadow Park progressing nicely. Feels in a way that the Stadium completion is in sight.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(02-08-2020, 01:24 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Not the usual blog but it still gives out the information that we all want? The video's from last week we're great, and two new player's to be announced this week. What more can we want,except to win the Euro lotto?

Covid-19 to do one would be a good start.

It is a shame that he didn't clear up the issue to do with capacity which was raised on here last week

(02-08-2020, 01:50 PM)Darran Wrote:  Covid-19 to do one would be a good start.

It is a shame that he didn't clear up the issue to do with capacity which was raised on here last week
I agree wholeheartedly with the first wish, but unfortunately, I don't think that's likely to happen. Even with an effective vaccine, we're likely to be living with Covid-19 for some time yet. That's assuming it doesn't mutate into something even more dangerous.

I suspect that Alex hasn't been given the figures yet for capacity - the powers that be often leave such things to the last minute. Huh

(02-08-2020, 06:28 PM)drbob Wrote:  I agree wholeheartedly with the first wish, but unfortunately, I don't think that's likely to happen. Even with an effective vaccine, we're likely to be living with Covid-19 for some time yet. That's assuming it doesn't mutate into something even more dangerous.

I suspect that Alex hasn't been given the figures yet for capacity - the powers that be often leave such things to the last minute. Huh

Sadly I think you are right and it is really going to get in the way of the season and how many people will be able to go. The capacity I was talking about was the 2000 number Alex mentioned last week as it was unclear to some of us if the max capacity would be 2000 to start because its a new ground and nothing to do with Covid or if the 2000 was the number he thought would be allowed to start with due to Covid. Clearly the government putting back the trials of crowds at sporting events is not a good sign on that front.

AP just confirmed that 2k was the number he expects to start the season with taking into account reduced capacity AND Covid19, and is seen as a worst case scenario.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.