home match streams

If Twitch is how we are going to go then I really recommend people getting a Chromecast which just plugs into your tv and you can get stuff from apps on to your TV. Things like Netfilx, You Tube as well as Twitch and many others. It is very simple to use.

It will be interesting to see how much we raised from donations last night and how that might compare to if people had to pay. I think if we were going down the donation route we might have to make it easier to donate rather than a bank transfer. I'd have thought sponsors would find it an attractive proposition as well.

(07-10-2020, 11:44 AM)Reasonabull Wrote:  For what it’s worth the Southport stream v Hereford last night was appalling - kept buffering and dropping out. It was so bad they had to do it for free on YouTube in the second half! For £10 it was robbery! When fans asked for their money back they were told to ‘prove you couldn’t view it’!!
Wouldn’t use Southport as an example if I were you!

That's because the company most clubs were using had massive issues last night. I suspect they couldn't handle the amount of people who were watching the various streams

I've got one and couldn't get on with it, I prefer the Amazon fire stick. Can you get the twitch app on there?

(07-10-2020, 06:33 PM)Neil Wrote:  I've got one and couldn't get on with it, I prefer the Amazon fire stick. Can you get the twitch app on there?
Apparently so...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wk5flPYiurI

(07-10-2020, 11:09 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  The stream was great,I would pay  Happily 7.99 no problem
but would prefer a ST ticket for an access code for the whole season and pay in a lump sum.
Alex, Is there a chance that once fans are back in the grounds that the club can continue to stream games and we pay the 7.99 or a virtual ST, Yesterday was something that I never thought I would see living in another country and it was great? Thanks again

the only issue would be with that is it may deter floating fans from paying £13 at the gate therefore costing the club money, especially if the weather was crap too.

(07-10-2020, 07:42 PM)bigdavethemaddog Wrote:  the only issue would be with that is it may deter floating fans from paying £13 at the gate therefore costing the club money, especially if the weather was crap too.

That's a good point. Maybe there could be a deal done for buying 6 games or something?

I’d imagine if we got to the stage of fans being allowed back in, the embargo on live streaming would be reactivated

(07-10-2020, 08:23 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  I’d imagine if we got to the stage of fans being allowed back in, the embargo on live streaming would be reactivated
In my view that won’t happen until capacities are back at 100% so is likely to be the whole of this season

(07-10-2020, 07:42 PM)bigdavethemaddog Wrote:  the only issue would be with that is it may deter floating fans from paying £13 at the gate therefore costing the club money, especially if the weather was crap too.
You’d make money from away supporters watching just as I will be watching us vs Chorley on Saturday,plus every away game with the bar open at MP would be profitable.

(07-10-2020, 05:53 PM)Darran Wrote:  If Twitch is how we are going to go then I really recommend people getting a Chromecast which just plugs into your tv and you can get stuff from apps on to your TV. Things like Netfilx, You Tube as well as Twitch and many others. It is very simple to use.

It will be interesting to see how much we raised from donations last night and how that might compare to if people had to pay. I think if we were going down the donation route we might have to make it easier to donate rather than a bank transfer. I'd have thought sponsors would find it an attractive proposition as well.

That's because the company most clubs were using had massive issues last night. I suspect they couldn't handle the amount of people who were watching the various streams
Is that on a smart TV or do you need Chromecast because it’s not a a Smart TV?

(07-10-2020, 10:17 PM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  Is that on a smart TV or do you need Chromecast because it’s not a a Smart TV?

I need a Chromecast because it isn't a smart TV.