Hanksy

Not the best of news by any stretch of the imagination but a very respectful statement from all involved 

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/joe-hanks-leave-city/

Not supprised showing the ambitions for teh club but he will be missed Thansk Hanksy!

Just the other day the Twitter account called him the best midfielder in the league and now he's been forced to leave.

If we are meant to be working towards a hybrid model why did he have to leave?

Fair to say the news hasn't gone down well on Twitter

Be really interested to get some insight on this from AP.. Oh - he left the forum....

Been our best player for the last few years and a top guy, so gutted to see him go. Our midfield will be weaker without him!

See little point in going full time if it means we lose out on players like Joe. Surely it is better all round to be paying less for players of Joe's quality part-time, than taking the risk on going full time. But I am sure AP knows what he's doing...

Darren how has he been forced to leave. He is a full time policeman so he can’t be a full time footballer as well. I find your comments and most of your posts distasteful to say the least.

(12-05-2020, 04:23 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  Darren how has he been forced to leave. He is a full time policeman so he can’t be a full time footballer as well. I find your comments and most of your posts distasteful to say the least.

Well we were told it was going to be a hybrid model so we could keep players like Joe. Have a look on Twitter and plenty of others are saying the same thing. Not sure how that post was in anyway distasteful. I'd imagine he would loved to have played in our first season back in Gloucester. Think Bobby is right.

A real shame to see Hanksy go and all the best to him in the future. At this rate we’re going to end up with the lowest total appearances of a squad starting a season!

Although disappointed to see him go it will be interesting as always to see who we sign in his position, when we can obviously.

I was at Hanksey debut for us at C********m,he was 19 and we were battling relegation and I could see he was a class above the rest, wish him all the best and thank him for his loyalty and respect for the club.Good luck Joe.

Really will be Rowe's team with only Fab left who he didn't sign. Will be interesting to see who he signs although we could be waiting a while I suspect.