Trialists

https://youtu.be/XO3ZotzA5Sk

This guy can play football with his eyes closed

As I’ve previously stated the team is almost picking itself ,
That said I would put Phillips alongside Matt McClure especially with our midfield quartet capable of providing decent service to our front two.
May also ensure we have a capable midfielder on the bench JIC if our captain keeps showing his errant ways.
From his interviews LM has assembled HIS squad.from my point of view it looks balanced with some excellent signings , only time will tell.

(04-08-2022, 06:58 PM)Neil Wrote:  As soon as they called him a "defensive" midfielder I wasn't too disappointed. Every midfielder should be a box to box type player, midfielders need to make things happen.
Nobby Stiles and Billy Bremner certainly made things happen!

(04-08-2022, 07:02 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  https://youtu.be/XO3ZotzA5Sk

This guy can play football with his eyes closed
You rate hin then?

(04-08-2022, 05:23 PM)RJS Wrote:  What do we think our starting XI looks like for next week now, given the plethora of recent signings?  I think the squad lends itself to a 3-4-1-2, but I haven't seen the pre season games to see if that is how we are setting up?  I'd go:

Hall
   Leadbitter Digie Morgan
James O'Sullivan Dawson Evans
           Tomlinson
       McClure Mitford

Seems decent options off the bench as well now with Phillips, King, Spence all forward thinking players who can be brought on.  My only concerns now would be lack of depth at CM and LWB.

Probably about right. But would say Nugent over Morgan.

Looks quite defensive, but if the friendlies are anything to go by the wing backs will be way up the pitch.

(04-08-2022, 09:43 PM)Joe Wrote:  Probably about right. But would say Nugent over Morgan.

Looks quite defensive, but if the friendlies are anything to go by the wing backs will be way up the pitch.

Agree with that.

We have all the ingredients, let's see if the chef can bake us a cake!

(04-08-2022, 09:35 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  You rate hin then?
I was just commenting on the fact that he appears to have his eyes closed Big Grin

You can't say that these days Matt

Don’t start with your woke agenda Shandy, I’ll fight to the death for my right to say that someone looks like they’ve got their eyes closed