Darlo match thread.

As Leon said, we had most of possession in the first half, but we didn’t really create a lot. I didn’t feel we posed as much of a threat in the wide positions as we did towards the end of last season.

Darlo managed to undo our defence with some pretty basic balls over the top which caused Hall to come far off his line more than once before they eventually scored from it - I will wait to see the replay before making judgement but I’m not entirely sure Hall was in the wrong to come out.

We got back in it and then the sending off killed it. Still disappointed with the goals conceded as it wasn’t as though Darlo were passing us off the park. Had we been able to take the lead I don’t think they would have been able to break us down.

Overall, we seemed a little undercooked, one or two positions we could be stronger in, and I’m not convinced that we got it right tactically but I’m not panicking just yet.

Sounds like a similar story to most of last season under Mansell. Lots of possession but little end product.

(06-08-2022, 07:18 PM)London Tiger Wrote:  FFS, one game in and already doom and gloom. See where we are after 5 or 6 games. We were away, and had a player sent off. Keep the faith.

Not all doom and gloom for me it's players weakening their own team and letting their team mate's down?
For me I am getting sick of it .

Come on let’s get behind the lads, we need the supporters to be the eleventh man this season

Big Grin

(06-08-2022, 07:18 PM)London Tiger Wrote:  FFS, one game in and already doom and gloom. See where we are after 5 or 6 games. We were away, and had a player sent off. Keep the faith.
FFS, the point is - we had a player sent off - AGAIN! 

The sending off destroyed any chance of getting anything out of this game.

(06-08-2022, 08:39 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Not all doom and gloom for me it's players weakening their own team and letting their team mate's down?
For me I am getting sick of it .
Exactly!

(06-08-2022, 07:44 PM)Leon city fan Wrote:  New season. Same poor discipline. Needs to be stamped out or it's going to be another tough season
I totally agree.

(06-08-2022, 08:49 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Come on let’s get behind the lads, we need the supporters to be the eleventh man this season

Big Grin
Agreed, but I hope we're the twelfth man in the rest of the matches.  Tongue

Perhaps instead of clean sheets, I should sponsor no yellow cards in a match (£5) and deduct £10 for every red card - I reckon the players would end up owing me money at the end of the season! Big Grin

A long way to go to throw away a match with a daft red card. That said, we only had 1 red card in the last 14 games last season (Louie Hall at York), so it's probably not fair to be ranting about poor discipline just yet.

Sounds like we were competitive at least. We'll be short in midfield without Tommy, but maybe it gives Spence a chance to shine. We probably need a holding midfielder still though.

Some over the top reactions on here,wait 10 games in to have a better idea, Hanging Tommy out to dry after being one of our most consistent players doesn't make much sense to me, he made a mistake,he will learn and improve.
Agree with Joe that we probably a holding midfielder short.

(06-08-2022, 08:49 PM):DTigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Come on let’s get behind the lads, we need the supporters to be the eleventh man this season

Big Grin
Big Grin

(07-08-2022, 08:22 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Some over the top reactions on here,wait 10 games in to have a better idea, Hanging Tommy out to dry after being one of our most consistent players doesn't make much sense to me, he made a mistake,he will learn and improve.
Agree with Joe that we probably a holding midfielder short.
Shame we let Pablo go, I thought he looked particularly good playing just in front of the back 2

Kane Felix got their third goal then ,always a thorn in our side, turned Harrison and Hall inside out when we played Guiseley last season.

(06-08-2022, 06:41 PM)drbob Wrote:  Worse start to the season than last year! At least we drew the first match under PG and had four points from the first two matches - that can't happen this year.

Looks like discipline is going to be a problem again this season. Angry

We're third from bottom already on 0 points and GD -2.
My original post was just reporting facts. (Okay the second line is an opinion)

The team need a result against Boston next Saturday like the match against York last season to get the ball rolling and get some positivity for the supporters.