Best/Worst Game of 2019/20.

Thought it would be interesting to know of people's opinions of the Best/Worst game of 2019/20.               Best :- First game of the season away at Blyth Spartans. This was my second visit to Croft Park, a brilliant non league ground. I was pleased when we were placed back in the North, a chance to go to ex league clubs with good crowds. Coach was caught up in traffic/road accident to and from Blyth, and a 30 minute Services Stop. As we got nearer to Blyth, road signs said Edinburgh 120 miles. Made you realise how far we had travelled. We won 2-1, Marlon and Jake Jackson looking good up front with Fabien just behind. Vincent Harper impressed at full back. On the way back, went past The Angel of the North. This day seemed to give a message of Welcome back to the North.
      Worst :- Cannot comment on the Whitby FA Cup Replay as I was on holiday. Brackley Town away was not good. Losing 3-0, we did not turn up. It was a baking hot day, one of our players had to go off due to the conditions? Before the start of the season, Brackleys Clubhouse had caught fire. Brackley seem to be either a Play off challenging team, or mid table team.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Absolutely agree with Blyth away, full of optimism and potential, Andy Hoskins waving on request. (Those were the days, a manager's dug out that acknowledged the travelling support!) More than worth the epic journey. Missed Alfreton so for me Leamington away was the worst, narrowly pipping the Whitby and Telford home defeats.

Good thread Andrew, didn’t get to as many as I would have liked due to work & postponements; worst I think is Southport in Jan, narrow defeat, they were a nasty team- we had a definite pen turned down & Fabian was so close to getting an equaliser late on but didn’t. Galling.
Best, I’d go for the Bradford PA game in 2019. Not a classic by any stretch but to get one over on their dirty left back was a moral victory in my eyes.
Both 1-0.

I personally look at the whole day not just the football tbh..

Best - Blyth and Gateshead. Both games we stayed up for the weekend in Whitley Bay and on each occasion we had a brilliant time with good people. Can’t remember much of Blyth tho!!!! but really enjoyed Gateshead real friendly bunch and despite what you read online the stadium is decent. Kidderminster away was like the old days brilliant atmosphere. Farsley,Darlington were also decent with cracking hospitality. The infamous Southport weekender will go down in corporate connoisseur folklore. Bradford away was a cracker mainly thanks to “hey you guys”

Worst - Whitby home and away utter shithouses. Spennymoor was crap to getting there relatively late thanks to 7 hour stop at Costa Coffee. The horror show at Alfreton deserves a mention.

That Alfreton one was just after their lad was killed wasn’t it? Really sad for his loved ones, nice touch with the flowers though Ray.
Can imagine that was a tough game to play.

(23-05-2020, 04:26 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  That Alfreton one was just after their lad was killed wasn’t it? Really sad for his loved ones, nice touch with the flowers though Ray.
Can imagine that was a tough game to play.
Yeah it was. Very surreal atmosphere being up there glad they appreciated the flowers they seemed genuinely moved by it. Oh and of course we rolled over and let them absolutely destroy us and dominate us on the pitch so that helped.

(23-05-2020, 04:28 PM)Ray Tango Wrote:  Yeah it was. Very surreal atmosphere being up there glad they appreciated the flowers they seemed genuinely moved by it. Oh and of course we rolled over and let them absolutely destroy us and dominate us.
Nice touch though, very thoughtful gesture

Not a huge amount of 'best' moments to choose from, but think it has to be at Kidderminster, always a fan of the ground, shame the terrace wasn't open but the atmoshphere was quality, always love the early season evening away games. Farsley at home was good, **** weather but stoppage time winners are always great regardless of the performance in the last 90 minutes. 
Far easier to think of the worst game(s), don't think anything from this season can top Whitby at home, the less said about that, the better. Chester was pretty awful too, 2-0 down after 5 minutes I think, and less than a week after the Kiddy game.

Best for me was Kidderminster away. Great atmosphere and fantastic celebrations at the end. Blyth away was brilliant too - the result made up for all of the traffic!

Worst was Whitby at home! Took me days to get over that result and from the sounds of it that sounded like the start of the end for Mike Cook too.

For the football best match has to be Kettering. The way we came from 2 down in front of a large crowd with a great vocal following and a brilliant performance puts it up there as one of the best City games I've been to full stop.

For the actual day I'd have to mention Kettering because it's so close to home for me!