Worcester City FC.

Worcester City FC are aiming to be back home next season. They are working with the Worcestershire FA to make Claines Lane the new base. They are looking at a 10 year lease. Working with the Worcestershire FA to bring ground up to the grading. The plan is for the ground to be up to Step 3 Level from the start of next season. 
     Worcester Raiders and a Women's Team that plays on Sundays, as well as WCFC would all be playing on one surface.
      Hope they find a permanent home in the future. Always enjoyed going to St George's Lane, (then trips to Kidderminster and Bromsgrove). Hope that we can one day face them in the National League North again, enjoyed the games against them.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Yep Worcester at their old place was never an easy place to go - old fashioned football ground. Have to say i did enjoy the Aggborough stew (soup) and cheese and potatoe bakes when they were at Kiddy . . Best of luck to them.

I hear all about their progress as I work with an ardent Worc fan. Sad to hear their current woes, playing clubs called Heather St Johns and being beaten by them.

Proper non-league club.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

I thought they would go from strength to strength after that cup run when they beat Coventry(they made some cash on selling their star striker straight after aswell) but it went the other way.
Hopefully they will get back to where they belong in the future.
Who was to blame for it all?

Where did it go wrong?
Perhaps selling a lovely city centre ground with no plan A firmly in place. Money spent on ground share plus they didn't have a long term backer that we had in EMG ?
Great to see some light at the end of the tunnel but they will need to do a Hereford or close to it to get back and they won't have the same gates for sure...
Big ask.

When I saw that result I had to look the place up on google maps.

(30-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Severnside Wrote:  Where did it go wrong?
Perhaps selling a lovely city centre ground with no plan A firmly in place. Money spent on ground share plus they didn't have a long term backer that we had in EMG ?
Great to see some light at the end of the tunnel but they will need to do a Hereford or close to it to get back and they won't have the same gates for sure...
Big ask.

I actually have little sympathy, the teams they were putting out even at the end must've cost double ours when they knew they were running out of money.

Their fault for spunking all the cup money so not much sympathy from me I’m afraid. Although St George’s lane was a proper ground back in the day.

They basically spent money from the ground sale that was supposed to go to the new ground on the likes of Lee Hughes.

They have a strong Supporters Trust involvement that is bringing them up back up from the ****

First away ground I visited,though in those days Worcester always seemed to win!

When I saw that result I had to look the place up on google maps.

You could look up Chalfont as well, City were sandbagged that day, the stuff of nightmares!
Ps. just one of one too many!

Chalfont St Peter is a village and civil parish in Chiltern district in south-east Buckinghamshire, England. It is in a group of villages called The Chalfonts which also includes Chalfont St Giles and Little Chalfont, the population as at the 2001 census numbered some 12,939

There are no strangers here, only friends you have not met yet!

I'll see you and raise you one.

Short.

Wood.

The point is that Worcester are playing 'junior' clubs virtually every week and are no better than mid table. Not just the odd cup upset, although they are everyone's cup final.

I think Ashley Vincent is in charge these days.