Favorite player and why

Agree withTigerAndy addi Harris never left anything in the dressing room ?Gave all on the pitch?so so many players have given me so much enjoyment over the years THANK YOU ALL?

Friend's and fans I have made over the years as well?only at city.

Can any one remember Jonny Stevens? If you can ?what of your memories. I just remember him being the same shape as Dave teague and Geoff able? Except Jonny Stevens just scored goals for fun? Over 50 goals in his best season I believed.

Neil don't look for Dave teauge or Geoff Abel they we're long term city fans Dave did play as a pro for Swindon town and Cardiff city and Geoff was never and I mean never with out a fag in his mouth both characters now both no longer with us.

Mr Stevens, one of my favorite City players, rather overweight but one of those that was always in the right place, always wore his shorts with the legs tucked up, looked like he was wearing a nappy.

Remember him playing at Hereford on a Boxing Day and he was niggling John Charles who finally had had enough and punched our Mr Stevens in the face, Ref did nothing, I think he was scared too, mind you although it was a cold day it was certainly hot on the pitch and the terraces with police having to move into the stands.

His headed goal against Brentwood at Horton Road stands out, a flying header from a man who didn't fit the profile of an athletic center forward. Great game that night with 3,600 attendance, would be great to get that sort of crowd again.

For got about rolling his left leg of his shorts up ?I was also at the Hereford game.was that the game about 200 of us went over on the train with more in cars and a coach and we got into there popular end?we let them a chant or two and then gave a chant of city? You never saw such a gap on a Terrence' so quick.oh to be young again.I think. Most of us got stuck in that day?well we were all young men at. The time and young men will be young men.

That's the one.

I saw at least one or two Hereford lads trying to get to my mate before I could get to help him he chind one of them over a crush. barrier with a left hook and dropped the other with right hook then the law got into us all?t was,nt write but. that was what happened them days.

(01-06-2020, 10:52 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  I saw at least one or two Hereford lads trying to get to my mate before I could get to help him he chind one of them over a crush.    barrier with  a left hook and dropped the other with right  hook then the law got into us all?t was,nt write but. that was what happened them days.
Don’t fancy coming out of retirement if we ever play Whitehawk again do you  Big Grin :

Can hardly walk now?so no my days scraping are finished?but I still get in trouble with the law even at my age?Ask John. And Dave Hammond's

Classiest player - Marcus Browning (although perhaps doesn't qualify as only on loan from Bristol Rovers). 2nd choice - Brian Hughes.

It’s a difficult question this as over the years we have had our fair share of quality in all departments.
Takes a lot to beat Lance Morrison, gangly legs great skill and could put the ball away.
Most players who have played for us might not have had the greatest technical ability but performance every week would be outstanding.Nigel Green, Martin Lander, Baylo I could go on.