New player/coach

Well done Darran,In just 2 posts you’ve managed to make 2 new signings feel like crap,hope they don’t read this forum.
I wonder how many footballers haven’t made a mistake in by the age of 34,especially a goalkeeper!

Welcome to City Jake.

(01-06-2020, 02:42 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Well done Darran,In just 2 posts you’ve managed to make 2 new signings feel like crap,hope they don’t read this forum.
I wonder how many footballers haven’t  made a mistake in by the age of 34,especially a goalkeeper!

How have I made him feel like crap? It's on Wiki and that reminded me of the incident which is pretty funny. I reckon a Tranmere fan must have added that to his Wiki page. I have already said he's a good signing and that was a rare blip. Every chance he will be one of the best keepers in the division.

Excellent signing.

Two good keepers isn't a luxury we've had for a long time

It’s great to have a permanent number one signed on and some competition for a place too, hopefully that position can have some stability now.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome Jake and Niall we have two good keepers and Jake as coach will certainly develop a good young keeper for the future in Niall.
Goalkeeping has been a massive issue for City since Jaz left.
If players do read this (and I am sure they do) they will know all clubs have some supporters who will find fault in anything and everything.....

Welcome Jake. Looks like we might be on for a season where we don't have 5+ goalies on loan. Will be nice for some quality and consistency.

Jake looks like a class act, but Maher didn't put a foot wrong so will be some healthy competition hopefully.

With two good keepers, I may have to reconsider my clean sheet sponsorship.

But seriously though a clean sheet means a guarantee of at least a point in league matches and at least a replay in Cup matches.

We have a goalkeeper and 2 central defenders 6 foot plus,should be able to defend set pieces and score us a few goals at the other end.

(01-06-2020, 03:04 PM)Severnside Wrote:  Welcome Jake and Niall we have two good keepers and Jake as coach will certainly develop a good young keeper for the future in Niall.
Goalkeeping has been a massive issue for City since Jaz left.
If players do read this (and I am sure they do) they will know all clubs have some supporters who will find fault in anything and everything.....
I agree on both signings excellent stuff and yes the playing staff do read this, I remember being sat next to Chris Todd on the way back from away games and seeing him scrolling through this forum and social media..He must have had thick skin or good poker face because some of the abuse he got was a tad nasty!!

Looks like someone else to be announced,saw James Kellerman name mentioned,would be a great signing.