Making the club more money?

(03-06-2020, 02:55 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Dave. I think the council will. only allow one or two car boots with in a certain distance with in the city? Something to do with  some charter or  other. I think?( might be wrong????
There’s nothing round Meadow Park it’s hardly Abbeymead so shouldn’t be a problem

I remember, back in the day, Rob Kajawa and myself went to a number of fetes/sports days in the area setting up a table selling stock from the club shop and promoting GCAFC. I’ve just come across photos of myself with Jeff Winter and Uriah Rennie at one such event organised by Clive Wilkes.

Where will the club sell merchandise during the week,will there be an actual shop?

Yep. Club shop in the ground.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Blimey Judith you reminded me of the old days. I also remember standing outside Asda selling Christmas draw tickets.

Just a one things which I remembered doing in my Supporters Trust days. I produced a goody bag for the young supporters who turned up on Our Christmas Fixture with a badge, pen, fixture card, apple or orange and some sweeties. I don’t know if it was appreciated but it made me feel good in trying to engage the youngsters.

Just one point regarding the Gloucester Lottery which the ST are involved in. Once we are allowed to have fixtures perhaps we could provide some pairs of match day tickets as prizes for the lottery. May lead to getting some non City supporters to come to a match and get interested.

(03-06-2020, 06:48 PM)Rob K Wrote:  Blimey Judith you reminded me of the old days. I also remember standing outside Asda selling Christmas draw tickets.

Just a one things which I remembered doing in my Supporters Trust days. I produced a goody bag for the young supporters who turned up on Our Christmas Fixture with a badge, pen, fixture card, apple or orange and some sweeties. I don’t know if it was appreciated but it made me feel good in trying to engage the youngsters.

Just one point regarding the Gloucester Lottery which the ST are involved in. Once we are allowed to have fixtures perhaps we could provide some pairs of match day tickets as prizes for the lottery. May lead to getting some non City supporters to come to a match and get interested.

thanks for the suggestion Rob. The lottery is run by Gloucester City Council so we wouldn’t be in a position to offer anything. 

however I’m sure there are other things that the Trust could do. When we can actually meet up we’ll talk about things like this

Like I’ve said before,sell experiences or things that the club own,for example have an auction/raffle to win publicity for a season,mascots/birthday parties for kids.
Inviting local Kids teams to a game now and again for free doesn’t make any money but it will no doubt gain some extra paying fans in the future.

(03-06-2020, 05:08 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Yep. Club shop in the ground.
We never had that in the old MP did we?I can remember buying my shirts in the entrance of fieldings and a portacabin next to the T END which I used to be fascinated by the collection of programes.

(04-06-2020, 09:33 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Like I’ve said before,sell experiences or things that the club own,for example have an auction/raffle to win publicity for a season,mascots/birthday parties for kids.
Inviting local Kids teams to a game now and again for free doesn’t make any money but it will no doubt gain some extra paying fans in the future.

We never had that in the old MP did we?I can remember buying my shirts in the entrance of fieldings and a portacabin next to the T END which I used to be fascinated by the collection of programes.
Birthday parties and mascot packages are great idea. Steve and Adam done an absolute top job on that front when we were at C********m.

Could link to some of the work James was and will be doing in the community

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(03-06-2020, 10:48 AM)Grey beard Wrote:  Just thouht do any fan know of other ways to make more money for the club ?other then what is being done now??   I have asked Alex if one thought is possible?
How about streaming away matches, and then you can watch  city home and away and buy a season ticket for both