Statement from AP

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/post/c...-step-down

Well, and a happy new year to you, doesn't sound promising does it.
With a reduced budget you can kiss goodbye to any promotion hopes unless someone takes the club on with a landlord to boot, that seems slightly optimistic to say the least.

That does all feel a bit gloomy.  The kid from York had it about right!

This certainly doesn't sound very positive. Could be a tough few years ahead for the club..

Correct me if I am wrong but no potential buyer is going to want a landlord are they?
Look at Coventry etc.

Alex did always say he would get bored eventually and want to move on.

So the tweet from the Young lad from York was actually correct.
Play offs Will be very difficult now.
But at least we are in a stronger position than when we never had a ground.

Compared to many Clubs, we are in a great position.

1. We have a ground which we may not own, but is available to us to use without crippling rent and Landlords who want the best for the Club, even if they’re not in a position to bankroll it.

2. We have no discernible debt, and are not lumbered with players on long, expensive contracts, ie, a clean slate next season.

3. Possibly more of a democracy going forward, with a board including fans representation.

4. Therefore, a chance to help shape the future of the Club, including the bar and other ways to put more money at the managers disposal.

Initially, our first thought is doom and gloom, but it could be the beginning.

Many Clubs would envy our position, so let’s fill the correct end up tomorrow, make a racket and get behind SK’s project to get us back into those play off places.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

They'll do well to shift the club with both of them remaining as ground landlords.

"If someone feels they can do a better job, now’s the time to step up and come in". Are they actively seeking a someone to take the club on?

(31-12-2022, 11:53 AM)old spot Wrote:  Correct me if I am wrong but no potential buyer is going to want a landlord are they?
Look at Coventry etc.
Depends what Sort of legal agreement was Putin place i guess,The lanlords would recieve some Sort of rent.
Why did AP Talk about wanting a stand like at Wrexham not long ago? Thats out of the question now i supposed.

(31-12-2022, 11:56 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  Compared to many Clubs, we are in a great position.

1. We have a ground which we may not own, but is available to us to use without crippling rent and Landlords who want the best for the Club, even if they’re not in a position to bankroll it.

2. We have no discernible debt, and are not lumbered with players on long, expensive contracts, ie, a clean slate next season.

3. Possibly more of a democracy going forward, with a board including fans representation.

4. Therefore, a chance to help shape the future of the Club, including the bar and other ways to put more money at the managers disposal.

Initially, our first thought is doom and gloom, but it could be the beginning.

Many Clubs would envy our position, so let’s fill the correct end up tomorrow, make a racket and get behind SK’s project to get us back into those play off places.
Some valid points.