Reg

Was watching city in 70s and 80s with mate called reg morgan. Anyone know him? would like to get in touch again. Used to drink in a pub called the windmill then.

I drank in the Windmill in the 70s with the
Twoomeys whos parents ran the bar at Horton Rd. Vaguely remember a Reg but havent seen any of that crowd since the late 70s sorry....

might know you mate. Severnside because you used to work the elvers? Steve Harris here, Reg worked down the docks, priday's. Good days in the windmill

Sadly no elvering for me.
But it's a long time ago isn't it!
How old where you in the 70s? I was 19 in 1975....
Perhaps we can catch up at the next home game if we can get in!!!!

I too drank in the Windmill in the seventies, with elvers every Friday!
Will ask around.

(05-06-2020, 03:34 PM)Severnside Wrote:  I drank in the Windmill in the 70s with the
Twoomeys whos parents ran the bar at Horton Rd. Vaguely remember a Reg but havent seen any of that crowd since the late 70s sorry....

If there's one too many O's in that, there's a Beverly than lives in Brockworth.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

I drank in the Windmill in the 80s not 70s, drank Captain Morgan but don't know Reg, know Severnside now but didn't then. I live near Brockworth but not in it, and know a Beverley who lives there, no Os in her name, but 3 Es .

I have eaten elvers, and I am heterosexual.

Close enough?

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

I'm old enough to remember a bloke driving his old banger car around Longlevens flogging elvers at half-a-crown a pound. Delicious! Wife cringes at the very thought of 'em though, but - good grief - loves lavabread!

Sorry to go off topic.

It was the squeak and pop when they hit the hot oil. Boiled and sometimes even eaten alive. Savage!

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Elvers were lovely, just fried bit of butter. Didn't know a Beverley