Ex-Players thread

I agree , top player at this level but he must be nearly
40 if not older,You never know... like Joe says he lives in Gloucester.

(09-05-2020, 08:06 AM)Gladfans Wrote:  Solihull had 29 players on the books and without wishing to state the obvious if each was on £100 a week and I’m sure many were £500+  the wage bill is mind blowing- to go with wages for the manager and back up staff. As I have said before we do very well with what we have got.
Not sure I’d want any of last season’s loanees back.
Crazy numbers.

(09-05-2020, 07:54 AM)Joe Wrote:  Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.

Agreed. Proven target man.

Definitely lives somewhere near me, quite often see him in Tescos and down the local school. Clearly settled in the area, that has got to be an advantage for us if he was ever a target.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(09-05-2020, 09:15 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  
(09-05-2020, 07:54 AM)Joe Wrote:  Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.

Always rated him highly, even when he was at the other end of the GV.
I think it’s him who’s missus owns a beauty salon in Quedgley..

Lives in Quedgley,we’re back in Gloucester,out of contract,this could happen...
Good carácter with loads of experience.

(09-05-2020, 09:21 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  I agree , top player at this level but he must be nearly
40 if not older,You never know... like Joe says he lives in Gloucester. 
He wouldn't be happy with that.

He's 35.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Be interesting to hear Si views on him....

I'll summon him.

Siiiiiiiiiiii!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(09-05-2020, 08:06 AM)Gladfans Wrote:  Solihull had 29 players on the books and without wishing to state the obvious if each was on £100 a week and I’m sure many were £500+  the wage bill is mind blowing- to go with wages for the manager and back up staff. As I have said before we do very well with what we have got.
Danny Wright was on £3200 pw at FGR!

Amazing to see the caliber of players that Solihull have attracted since they've been in the NL Premier. It's a different world.

I know thats a few years ago but these players now need to be realistic £300 is better than nothing. The tail can no longer wag the dog.

(09-05-2020, 06:52 PM)Neil Wrote:  
Danny Wright was on £3200 pw at FGR!

Amazing to see the caliber of players that Solihull have attracted since they've been in the NL Premier. It's a different world.
He would have been 27/28 at that time,wouldn’t Cost us much expenses!