Ex-Players thread

He'd have been on a lot less than that at C********m.

I love Wrighty, the archetypal big man up front who consistently gives 100%. He also takes the most nerveless penalties as well.

(09-05-2020, 07:54 AM)Joe Wrote:  Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.
 i think Danny Wright would be a good replacement if Marlon is gone he may be in his 30 's but so was Charlie Griffith and he gave us a couple of good seasons at leading the forward line. Also as he lives in Quedgeley we could sing He's one of our own now that Joe has moved on.

I preferred Young Alfie. Does this mean you're going to be nice now?

(10-05-2020, 08:33 PM)Kengreen Wrote:  
(09-05-2020, 07:54 AM)Joe Wrote:  Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.
 i think Danny Wright would be a good replacement if Marlon is gone he may be in his 30 's but so was Charlie Griffith and he gave us a couple of good seasons at leading the forward line. Also as he lives in Quedgeley we could sing He's one of our own now that Joe has moved on.
I think you mean Charlie Griffin

I expect he will be hoping to stay in the National League rather than drop down a division.

(10-05-2020, 09:08 PM)Darran Wrote:  I expect he will be hoping to stay in the National League rather than drop down a division.
Doesn’t seem to like To go much further than the midlands looking at his CV, might not have to many offers on the table.

(10-05-2020, 09:44 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  
(10-05-2020, 09:08 PM)Darran Wrote:  I expect he will be hoping to stay in the National League rather than drop down a division.
Doesn’t seem to like To go much further than the midlands looking at his CV, might not have to many offers on the table.

Exactly that PS there will be hundreds of players in the same boat with many clubs struggling to keep afloat let alone offering high salaries.

Have we got one? Someone merge it if we do!

https://www.betvictorsouthern.co.uk/news...son-Return

Jake Jackson to Frome Town. That's a drop of two divisions. That says a lot.

I saw things in him that I liked but he was never going to get twenty goals a season. Shows how weak we were that he was our main striker.

Jake had patches when he looked pretty good. Woking couldn't handle him and his 5 goals in the last 7 games of 18/19 were pretty important in keeping us afloat. Good luck to him. At least he'll find the travelling less problematic.

Don't think we do Neil, thanks for getting the ball rolling