Ex-Players thread

Luke Maxwell looked a class player for 20 minutes or so.

(08-05-2020, 08:47 PM)Isaac Wrote:  Two former City loan players in Luke Maxwell and Dan Sweeney released from Solihull Moors

https://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/r...34457.html
I’m sure Liam Daly will let JR if there’s any decent players in that list.
NLN and NLS will be much stronger next year as players out of contract will have to accept that money won’t be readily available.

We had Carline on loan as well.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Darren Carter on that list, they are hopeful he will remain - get Daly on the case, Darren Carter is class, box to box, left footer.

(08-05-2020, 09:46 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  
(08-05-2020, 08:47 PM)Isaac Wrote:  Two former City loan players in Luke Maxwell and Dan Sweeney released from Solihull Moors

https://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/r...34457.html
I’m sure Liam Daly will let JR if there’s any decent players in that list.
NLN and NLS will be much stronger next year as players out of contract will have to accept that money won’t be readily available.
Presumably it was Daly who recommended the unfit and uninterested Maxwell and the hapless Sweeney to JR "last" season. If Daly is to be the arbiter of who we sign why not make him player manager and save some money on JR?

Ex Premier League, but is he still capable of being box to box when he's approaching 37yo?

Theres one on there I'd love, and it's not him.

(08-05-2020, 11:57 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Ex Premier League, but is he still capable of being box to box when he's approaching 37yo?

Theres one on there I'd love, and it's not him.
Danny Wright?

Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.

Solihull had 29 players on the books and without wishing to state the obvious if each was on £100 a week and I’m sure many were £500+ the wage bill is mind blowing- to go with wages for the manager and back up staff. As I have said before we do very well with what we have got.
Not sure I’d want any of last season’s loanees back.

(09-05-2020, 07:54 AM)Joe Wrote:  Maxwell looked as though he would be a quality all round midfielder if he could get fit and mobile. Wasn't too fussed by Sweeney.

Also - Danny Wright would be an excellent signing. He's a class act. Lives in Gloucester too I think.

Always rated him highly, even when he was at the other end of the GV.