The Chambers Have Stepped Down

I get the distinct sense of animosity towards AP in the Chambers’ valedictory tweets.

Well City lurch from crisis to crisis, I can never understand why elements of so called supporters seem wanting our Clubs custodians to fail!
Sure appointing TF was disastrous and the position in the league doesn’t lie.The signings have been calamitous with IMO signings not worth Southern League SW standard and its shows on the pitch.
Sure the hospitality things at NMP are excellent.
On the pitch - shocking.
Whoever comes in needs a bulletproof jacket, thick skin and the patience of Job .
Best of luck.

(16-11-2023, 10:21 PM)TP1 Wrote:  I get the distinct sense of animosity towards AP in the Chambers’ valedictory tweets.

Indeed, and it's not even that thinly veiled.

Well having taken the club from the play offs to rock bottom there must have been the expectation of a degree of criticism.

Does anyone know if the obnoxious critics (as opposed to constructive critics) are long standing supporters or new supporters since our return to Gloucester?
I did a long stint on the turnstiles during exile so could recognise most supporters in that period.
I recognise very few nowadays.
Not suggesting all new supporters are obnoxious critics but just curious.

(16-11-2023, 10:56 PM)Nick Name Wrote:  Does anyone know if the obnoxious critics (as opposed to constructive critics) are long standing supporters or new supporters since our return to Gloucester?
I did a long stint on the turnstiles during exile so could recognise most supporters in that period.
I recognise very few nowadays.
Not suggesting all new supporters are obnoxious critics but just curious.

From what I can tell its a bit of both. Possible some who would watch from afar, but are now watching more now we are in Gloucester, but to be fair some are longstanding ones as well.

(16-11-2023, 10:21 PM)TP1 Wrote:  I get the distinct sense of animosity towards AP in the Chambers’ valedictory tweets.

That's how I read it too. The bit about being "sold a dream" and the reference to Hungerford having "class".  It's all such a shame the way it's turned out. I doubt AP and the Chambers will be exchanging Christmas cards this year.

*The CUBs TM 2020 (City Ugly Buggers Stand) (A club within a clubs club club)

There's that but wasn't there the same kind of disappointment shown from Hungerford towards the Chambers' after they'd announced they were coming here? despite us being led to believe that it was quite amicable?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(16-11-2023, 11:12 PM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  That's how I read it too. The bit about being "sold a dream" and the reference to Hungerford having "class".  It's all such a shame the way it's turned out. I doubt AP and the Chambers will be exchanging Christmas cards this year.
I find it a bit odd for businessmen/women to say they where sold a dream, surely they did due diligence in understanding what taking on the football club entailed?
PC was at the helm with the Flowers recruitment and player contracts so if the dream didn't work its more than partly on his shoulders, yes the abuse was wrong but football is harsh to players, managers and chairman across all levels if you aren't doing well.
Who knows if the right manager had been hired and players signed on it may have been different story and outcome but something major had to change.
I get a feeling that the owners looking at their assets losing value may have had a small helping hand in today's decision.
Anyway we move on hopefully things will resolve themselves in the coming weeks and months.

(16-11-2023, 11:39 PM)Severnside Wrote:  I find it a bit odd for businessmen/women to say they where sold a dream, surely they did due diligence in understanding what taking on the football club entailed?
PC was at the helm with the Flowers recruitment and player contracts so if the dream didn't work its more than partly on his shoulders, yes the abuse was wrong but football is harsh to players, managers and chairman across all levels if you aren't doing well.
Who knows if the right manager had been hired and players signed on it may have been different story and outcome but something major had to change.
I get a feeling that the owners looking at their assets losing value may have had a small helping hand in today's decision.
Anyway we move on hopefully things will resolve themselves in the coming weeks and months.
Yes, you're probably right. The gossip about unknown outstanding debts if true does show that they didn't understand the full picture. A few months before AP decided he'd had enough he was still talking about building a new stand on the far side. The very real prospect of relegation will have a serious impact on the value of the club as an asset. That's the glimmer of hope I see. Whilst there's a will to keep a football club in situ and EM and AP are involved they'll want success whether involved in the daily running of the club or not.
There is an argument that we might be more successful, that is win more games, and therefore attract bigger crowds, and gain some momentum in a division below. But that's just speculation and possibly a load of b#ll#cks. Unfortunately it seems we might get to put that theory to the test. I'll grab my tin hat now shall I?

*The CUBs TM 2020 (City Ugly Buggers Stand) (A club within a clubs club club)