Chippenham

(10-12-2023, 12:17 AM)Neil Wrote:  Why? I can only assume it was for comments made when Harry Emmett was fouled only for the ref to ignore it.

The ref was wrong, Cook was right yet Cook gets punished for the refs ineptitude.

I was standing right by the Harry Emmett incident. Even with my "yellow" glasses on it was clear he stumbled forwards overplaying and it wasn't a foul, unfortunately. When MC was sent off a little bit later we wondered why. Your right, It probably was that incident. I didn't mention the MC sending off earlier. There was so much happening in the second half. He seems such a reasonable bloke when interviewed, but history demonstrates his teddy isn't always tucked up safely. A bit of a shame for Tuesday but hopefully not crucial.

Good cup game. Amazingly, even though we let in 5 and made some really stupid errors, I actually thought we played pretty well for a lot of it. Cook as got the players knowing a system, and they seem to know their jobs. Before, it was all over the shop. Cross and Beresford have made huge differences, the club really need to try and secure them for the remainder of the season if possible. Add a couple more, and we may have a real chance of getting out this mess. Just saying that is a massive achievement from what was happening a few weeks ago. Those 1-0’s, 2-0’s and 3-0 usual defeats were some of the worst games of football I have ever seen, truly terrible. But there is now positivity on the pitch and some excitement. Looking forward to Tuesday.

I still havent watched us under Cook this season, but if you told me the team I watched under TF were capable of scoring 14 goals in 4 games I would have thought you were living in dream land, I am Hopefull going forward.
Like Tommy said, Beresford and Cross we must try and keep if we can, Beresford Mins pero goal must be one of the best in the league atm.

(10-12-2023, 01:51 AM)Darran Wrote:  Managers should know better. Sums up where we are right now though that despite having ex players and manager of theirs they still stick 5 past us.
What did you make of the game, out of curiosity, Darran?

(10-12-2023, 12:17 AM)Neil Wrote:  Why? I can only assume it was for comments made when Harry Emmett was fouled only for the ref to ignore it.

The ref was wrong, Cook was right yet Cook gets punished for the refs ineptitude.
Darran Will take every opportunity to knock Cook as he is not the manager he wanted, dont expect that to stop untill MC has moved on!

We had about 8 chances each and they converted 2 more of theirs. It was a very even game, and they barely got out of their half in the first 20 minutes.
If we’re due any luck, I’d happily take none of it in this game and save it for the next 10 days.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

I think the XG yesterday would have been interesting.

Also the XG for each month of the season. We're definitely playing the best football and creating the most chances we have all season (although the bar is exceptionally low).

Crazy game. I thought they played the slope and wind better than us. That said as stupid as it stands as we lost id back us to beat them if we played today. Great to see reckord getting forward even overlaping and delivering some teasing crosses. Wasnt doing this until a few weeks ago. Hanks sure can put a pen away. Still hoping theres more to come from him as season goes on. First visit to Chippenham and have to say makes you apprciate what we have as a overall package. Id fancy a bet on that fence not lasting until end of the season although the steward seemed quite attached too it!! Bizzare when you add in the piped in crowd noise each time they score!!!! On to.Tuesday

(10-12-2023, 11:50 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Darran Will take every opportunity to knock Cook as he is not the manager he wanted, dont expect that to stop untill MC has moved on!

To be honest I don't mind him being here as I know it will annoy Alex.

Chippenham have put their goals up on Twitter and it doesn't make for great viewing especially the 5th. Also as Neil's footage shows we were lucky to get the penalty.