Peterborough Sports (H)

(13-12-2023, 11:17 AM)RJS Wrote:  Got stuck at work so couldn't make it so won't comment on the game itself other than to say, a much needed win!  Especially when you put it into context of our away form.  If that doesn't improve we are going to need to win a lot of home games to stand a chance of staying up.

Won't be there Saturday either, but another massive "6 pointer".  Shame really as I wouldn't have minded seeing the Darlo fan who was very happy to tell me that "they didn't belong in this league" and "not to worry about being thrashed as you won't have to play us again anyway, because we are definitely going up"

If you had said after that game that they wouldn't end up in the play-offs and we would you would have been crazy. Amazing how they turned so bad in 2023. Pretty much the equivalent to Havant in the South.

(13-12-2023, 01:12 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Regardless of the weather, football on TV etc, 466 is absolutely crap for a city of this size. This isn’t what we came back to Gloucester for.

100%. Absolutely dreadful..

(13-12-2023, 01:17 PM)Darran Wrote:  If you had said after that game that they wouldn't end up in the play-offs and we would you would have been crazy. Amazing how they turned so bad in 2023. Pretty much the equivalent to Havant in the South.
It is a crazy decline, if I've got my stats correct I think they've only won 8 league games since that day!

Whilst it's true that the turnout was poor, there's no buzz about the club as there was at the end of last season and the game against Chorley and the crowd size then. We're now in the opposite position of being in a relegation dogfight and tbf it's not an attractive option on a wet pre-Christmas evening. We're still turning TF's legacy around. I thought the attendance was less than it was  - it didn't look much larger than the County Cup match last week.

Why does it take a buzz? Was everyone at home watching Man Utd lose to Bayern Munich?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(13-12-2023, 02:34 PM)Neil Wrote:  Why does it take a buzz? Was everyone at home watching Man Utd lose to Bayern Munich?
Probably... unfortunately, as you know Neil, fairweather supporters will only come if the team are going to achieve - they won't attach themselves to a failing team or one they see as perennial lower league. Sadly, "did you see Man U v Bayern on the telly last night?"  seems to be a marker of some people's status as against standing in the rain watching City v Peterborough Sports. Thankfully, some of us are masochists and still believe the club can rise up leagues...

I totally understand why it was low, but it’s still rubbish to that we can only attract sub 500 crowds

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

They had a great chance to steal a point in injury time when Jeacock made a save from a header and their guy decided he was playing rugby and cleared the crossbar from about 6 yards. Maybe things are turning for us

Gloucester is a Rugby City and Gloucestershire is a Rugby County - people need to accept this. When I first moved to the area, I couldn't believe how many people used to say " I don't like Football, Im Rugby 100%". Where I was from, we barely practiced Rugby at a public school. It was for the posh boys. But here, they lap up Rugby at the Public Schools and start training the kids young. It's what it is.

(13-12-2023, 04:05 PM)Tommy11 Wrote:  Gloucestershire is a Rugby City and Gloucestershire is a Rugby County - people need to accept this. When I first moved to the area, I couldn't believe how many people used to say " I don't like Football, Im Rugby 100%". Where I was from, we barely practiced Rugby at a public school. It was for the posh boys. But here, they lap up Rugby at the Public Schools and start training the kids young. It's what it is.
I don’t really agree, however it’s definitely the case that culturally people in Gloucester go to the rugby as the ‘thing to do’ and they associate glos rugby with representing the city and as the embodiment of civic pride. I doubt there are less football fans in Gloucester than anywhere else in the country, not in my experience anyway, it’s just they don’t see us as being their club.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”