Potholes

I thought they’d been sorted at the start of the season but here we are again, they seem worse than ever Sad

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Perhaps Mr Mole has been digging?

Commented on this as we were leaving the ground yesterday - you could drown in some of them.

Becoming very difficult to drive in off Sudmeadow Road. None too clever either when you've an injured passenger on board.

Difficult call - after a bit of research to tarmac from Sudmeadow rd as far as the clubhouse around £300 thousand.
Difficult in so far as do u take a risk by doing nothing with the possibility's of a claim for a broken ankle or damage to a car or invest some of that money on the ( if you have got it which I doubt) on survival.
Certainly just blinding it with scallopings serves no purpose as the holes still remain.

Got to agree its awful.

Can't they just be filled in with a concrete mix for the time being?

It's just the bit between Sudmeadow Road and the main gates that needs sorting, it does seem to be getting worse and worse.

Owned by Gantrail isn’t it?
Used to be tennis courts when it was Fieldings Sports & Social so probably never been actually designed to take any axle loadings hence the constant deterioration.

(14-12-2023, 07:36 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Owned by Gantrail isn’t it?
Used to be tennis courts when it was Fieldings Sports & Social so probably never been actually designed to take any axle loadings hence the constant deterioration.

I think u might find that from Sudmeadow to the beginning of the parking cage is Gantrail the rest is EMG.

What is the reason they haven't been filled in? Is it something to do with having a permeable surface as part of flood protection measures? (in which case a few barrow loads of scalpings would suffice). Or another reason? It's a health and safety concern if nothing else. That, and after an evening match the lighting is insufficient to see by and prevent people from getting wet feet from some of the minor swimming pools you can't see as you leave the ground. A great advert for any new supporters.