Darlington

What a dire match between two very poor groups of players and spoilt by abysmal, incompetent officiating.

Only two shots on target in the entire game. Unfortunately theirs went in and ours was saved by an acrobatic leap by the Darlo keeper. 

I though it was Ram that was on Asante for most of the match? Whoever it was did a great job of nullifying any threat from him.

Still 7 or eight points from safety depending on Goal Difference.

Agree with all the above. It seemed like we could have played until Christmas and not scored.

As Neil pointed out, the gap to safety hasn’t changed, so it’s not the end of the world.

Undone by 2 moments of quality; a fine goal and good save. We didn't reply in kind. Good crowd, excellent turn out of XL sized elfs. Highlight was walking to my seat with the elves when they spotted the Darlo fan with long white hair and beard. Quick as a shot one elf raised his hand and shouted Daddy it's me, Buddy. and with that the Darlo fan waived back. Made me smile.

Disappointing day which makes a tough job even tougher but a way to go yet.

Respect to all the volunteers who gave their time both before, after and during the match to put the game on

Great group of lads the Welsh Elves. If they came every week the atmosphere would be fantastic and the T-End Gents toilet would be worth about 350 grand by May. Big Grin

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

We created little, a few half chances here and there. Parker should probably have done better with his chance late on, but for 90 minutes it never really felt like the goal was coming. Shame to hear about Cross doing his ligaments. Santos has really gone off the boil too. We need that spark and today we just didn't have it.

Thought Darlo's goal was a good piece of play from them, good save from Reckord's blockbuster, then they just dug in and did the perfect away job.

T-End was up for it, and the attendance looked good. The Elves were a good laugh and had a great time. Just a shame we couldn't capitalise on that interest with something on the pitch.

Onto Curzon on Tuesday, which will be tough.

In all fairness Darlo scored a cracking goal.
Sadly as others have said we really missed Smalley to create a chance.
Endeavour yes, chances created nil save for the Reckord strike.
Not the end of the world. Great atmosphere with an excellent crowd.

Missed the attendance - what was it?

(16-12-2023, 08:15 PM)Paul Wrote:  Missed the attendance - what was it?

(16-12-2023, 07:26 PM)Neil Wrote:  Cross has done his knee ligaments according to twitter, going to need to get a replacement in.

Yes, when the tackle went in I thought at the time it was a red card, useless ref never even spoke to him the attacker.
As LC walked past me with the physo i heard him say to him "he put my knee back".

Again today, one of the Darlo players grabbed one of ours around the neck and threw him to the ground, to me that was violent conduct and a straight red, the ref waved a yellow.

On both occasions I have seen City players red carded for less!

There are no strangers here, only friends you have not met yet!

(16-12-2023, 07:52 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  Good crowd, excellent turn out of XL sized elfs. 

Shame about the missiles they threw onto the pitch, and the personal abuse of the opposition keeper