Darlington

A bit sad after that one to be honest. Darlo were much more physical than us and we looked bullied and seemed to lose confidence in our passing game after an initial good spell. Fair do's they scored a good goal and second half we were more competitive, though unlikely to score. We'll need some more options up front if we're to get out of this now that Liam Cross appears to be unavailable. Men of the match has got to be the elves. I hope they return soon. £350 grand? That could help rebuild the T-End. I only wanted a hot chocolate and we'd run out of that at half time.

(16-12-2023, 09:45 PM)Toby Wrote:  Shame about the missiles they threw onto the pitch, and the personal abuse of the opposition keeper

They did get a bit over exuberant, but casual homophobia aside, they were pretty good natured. Throwing stuff on the pitch is just daft though, and could lead fines etc. Tricky to police random groups who just show up, and nigh on impossible to identify a single culprit.

”Anyone see who threw it?”

”Yes, he was dressed as an Elf and had a Welsh accent”

”Bugger”

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(16-12-2023, 09:45 PM)Toby Wrote:  Shame about the missiles they threw onto the pitch, and the personal abuse of the opposition keeper
I was not aware of this.  I certainly would never condone this sort of behaviour or the homophonic comments mentioned in another post

I did see an empty plastic pint glass fly over in his direction which was a bit stupid, but I'm all up for a bit of personal abuse if necessary and stays within legal limits. I think it was Droopy. I may be getting my elves and dwarves mixed up mind.

The 14yo lads against the boards were giving Mr Taylor far more personal abuse than our Elvian Brethren. That “Nonce” rubbish really is quite boring. As usually happens, he had the last laugh at the final whistle. At one point he addressed on of them to his face and I think he possibly actually pooed his pants.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(16-12-2023, 10:08 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  The 14yo lads against the boards were giving Mr Taylor far more personal abuse than our Elvian Brethren. That “Nonce” rubbish really is quite boring. As usually happens, he had the last laugh at the final whistle. At one point he addressed on of them to his face and I think he possibly actually pooed his pants.

14? That's a positive of the dark grey days and why I wear a diaper to matches these days.

Very frustrating one that, a game of few chances and they took theirs. Excellent away performance from Darlington. If Pinchard had just stood up the goalscorer rather than getting done it would’ve been 0-0.

I’m concerned about our right hand side, neither Parker nor Santos are up to it at all. We were getting a bit of joy down the left, would’ve been good to get it going from both sides. If Cross is out for as long as we think then he needs replacing.

Was great to see Asante at NMP again, he had a quiet day which is great for us but undeniably one of the best players in terms of ability to pull on a City shirt - just a shame hardly anyone saw him due to Covid.

photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimage...3402472384

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20242025.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Not out worst performance of the season by any means, and we always looked in the game.

That said, as others have pointed out, we massively missed Cross. The downgrade on the wing is incredible. We just didn't really create any clear cut chances.

I've seen some clamour for Dom McHale on twitter. That would be just what the doctor ordered.

No need to panic just yet. A win on Tuesday will be ideal.
Music 

Left side with Jamie & the 2 Harry's looked pretty solid, and most of the good stuff came from there.  We're still well in this, bad opponent to lose to, but I'm really confident.