Curzon tonight

Best I’ve seen us play all season (I missed Braintree and Spenneymoor). Think it really helped us that CA tried to play open expansive football, unlike Darlington’s quite defensive approach after they got their early goal on Saturday.  That gave Pinchard the space to pull the strings for us.

Feared the worst when Hanks missed that header at 1-0, but it was a great performance from the whole team in the end.

A few weeks ago we were 11 points from safety, now it’s down to four.  We might just get out of this!

Attendance please?

We are currently 6th in the form guide with a GD of +3.

(19-12-2023, 11:12 PM)Shurdyrover Wrote:  Attendance please?

We couldn’t could we?! Great performance tonight from the whole team, it was one of those games where you’d be struggling to tell who was in the playoffs and who was at the bottom. Keep playing like that and we’ll be okay.

The Wright goal was the pick of the bunch for me, lovely teasing floated ball in by Pinchard (?) and it was actually a really difficult finish for Wright as he had to speed up to catch it on the half volley.

Well the trap door isn’t shut at all.A comprehensive performance with Danny Wright lasting 90 minutes, Jamie Reckord outstanding, three different scorers.Alfie Santos had a decent game capping it all with a quality strike.
How games can change in seconds, Zack makes a great save on end, we go up the other end a score.instead of being 1-1 it becomes 2-0 and coasting.Fine margins.
Attendance was 564 making a decent atmosphere on a cold damp winter night.
Happy days.

Whilst we need to prove we can do it away I think we will stay up with ease now

Great performance, really good. Pinchard and McGrory were excellent. I commented in the last game that Santos seemed to have gone off the boil, but a great strike for his goal.

Where was this performance against Darlo? I know they were playing deep but we didn't seem to have the energy. Today we had it. Really good job by the lads.

Great win tonight! Good to see Smalley back on the bench so hopefully he's not too far off. Also hope Hanks is OK, looked a bit uncomfortable when he was subbed off.

(19-12-2023, 11:27 PM)Darran Wrote:  Whilst we need to prove we can do it away I think we will stay up with ease now
I’m hopeful we could at least get a point at Farsley on Saturday.