Strengthening the squad

McHale still seems to be starting games for Brackley - would they have been willing to release him? Sounds like the clubs in question were.

Can understand that he wouldn’t want to come to a relegation scrap if he’s playing regularly at the other end of the table.

(27-12-2023, 02:31 PM)Neil Wrote:  We need a winger like Ceesay to get behind the defence and cause problems. Danny's goal was a perfect example of how simple football can be. Their first goal came that way too.

Agree 100% a winger who can make things happen is exactly what we need. Cross was that player, but he's sadly gone.

I've posted this before, but over the years signing wingers like Gosling, McHale, Orenuga, even Lewis Hall helped to change our seasons. Even Fab started on the wing for us. X-Factor players.

Not easy to find, not cheap, but could be the difference between staying up and going down.

So is Cross defiantly out now? Injured and gone back?

(28-12-2023, 09:52 AM)Tommy11 Wrote:  So is Cross defiantly out now? Injured and gone back?

Done his knee ligaments apparently- though nothing official from the club.

(28-12-2023, 10:12 AM)Gladfans Wrote:  Done his knee ligaments apparently- though nothing official from the club.
Cheers for the info - sounds a bad one. Gutting

(28-12-2023, 08:49 AM)TP1 Wrote:  McHale still seems to be starting games for Brackley - would they have been willing to release him? Sounds like the clubs in question were.

Can understand that he wouldn’t want to come to a relegation scrap if he’s playing regularly at the other end of the table.
I doubt it and I reckon there was little chance of him wanting to come back but I guess if the money was right maybe Brackley agreed the deal only for him to turn it down. The fact that certain people were all doing it at the same time though suggested to me that they knew something was going on

Just to make him feel wanted I think. Sometimes that helps!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(28-12-2023, 10:28 AM)Darran Wrote:  I doubt it and I reckon there was little chance of him wanting to come back but I guess if the money was right maybe Brackley agreed the deal only for him to turn it down. The fact that certain people were all doing it at the same time though suggested to me that they knew something was going on
I think that's one of the most frustrating things about this level. Along with the revolving door of managers, squads are built up and then good players leave and we don't have the money to keep them. Long gone are the days we could rely on the local likes of Webby and Lee Smith etc. McHale was brilliant for us last season.

(28-12-2023, 02:13 PM)Paul Wrote:  I think that's one of the most frustrating things about this level. Along with the revolving door of managers, squads are built up and then good players leave and we don't have the money to keep them. Long gone are the days we could rely on the local likes of Webby and Lee Smith etc. McHale was brilliant for us last season.

You are absolutely right. The Webbys of this world playing for his local team for a very modest monetary return are long gone. We are classed as part time but despite the handle players want what amounts to full time wages. 
I might even suggest their football salary makes up most of their income so in many respects you can’t blame the individual.

(28-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Neil Wrote:  Just to make him feel wanted I think. Sometimes that helps!
What they were saying would put me off it was so over the top. He was only with us for not much more than half a season as good as he was. Worth adding as well that he’s not been as good at Brackley but completely understand why he wouldn’t want to come back especially as we don’t have anyone he would actually know