Strengthening the squad

(28-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Darran Wrote:  What they were saying would put me off it was so over the top. He was only with us for not much more than half a season as good as he was. Worth adding as well that he’s not been as good at Brackley but completely understand why he wouldn’t want to come back especially as we don’t have anyone he would actually know
Blinking hell, leave the people alone. Its these fans who ACTUALLY go to the games, home and away and use hard earned cash following the club.  They can say what they like! My word your a miserable know-all.

(28-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Darran Wrote:  What they were saying would put me off it was so over the top. He was only with us for not much more than half a season as good as he was. Worth adding as well that he’s not been as good at Brackley but completely understand why he wouldn’t want to come back especially as we don’t have anyone he would actually know

Yes there were some very cringy posts out there!!

More to the point, he's had an awful season for Brackley and was an unused sub in their last match. He's injury prone too. Too much of a gamble for us in our current predicament, even if he were keen.

Phillips' current loan finishes in January, I'd like him back.

(28-12-2023, 04:48 PM)Kitto Wrote:  Yes there were some very cringy posts out there!!

More to the point, he's had an awful season for Brackley and was an unused sub in their last match. He's injury prone too. Too much of a gamble for us in our current predicament, even if he were keen.

Phillips' current loan finishes in January, I'd like him back.

Coming from miserable Know- All Number 2

I'm not miserable, a couple of the posts were so cringy that they made me laugh!

(28-12-2023, 04:34 PM)Tommy11 Wrote:  Blinking hell, leave the people alone. Its these fans who ACTUALLY go to the games, home and away and use hard earned cash following the club.  They can say what they like! My word your a miserable know-all.

I went on Tuesday!

I don’t mind it. Sometimes that extra bit of encouragement does encourage players to join us. McHale was a revelation for us last season and fired us towards the play offs, and I genuinely think if we had him then some of the losses (Darlington springs to mind) would be 3 points. He’s a great player at this level and did a great job for us. I have no idea if he’s even interested in coming back but he was very fond of City, he’s been interacting with the tweets too which shows he did love his time here.

I’m sure most people have been active on social media trying to turn a players head or make noise about them, currently with McHale, in the past with KT, Dave with Elliott Durrell, Kitto with Felix Miles over the summer, it’s part of football.

Is Elliott Durrell injured?

A quick look at his career suggests McHale has been more miss than hit.

I think I've mentioned Felix Miles as many times as I've mentioned Scott Wilson, Owen Windsor or plenty of others online, and I certainly haven't been tagging them in!

Incidentally, Miles grabbed another goal & assist on Boxing Day.

(28-12-2023, 06:17 PM)Kitto Wrote:  A quick look at his career suggests McHale has been more miss than hit.

Depends where u look ( website/stats etc) 11 clubs since 2015. Maybe u are right

(28-12-2023, 06:00 PM)charlie Wrote:  I’m sure most people have been active on social media trying to turn a players head or make noise about them, currently with McHale, in the past with KT, Dave with Elliott Durrell, Kitto with Felix Miles over the summer, it’s part of football.
There will be very mixed feelings among our fan base about how worthwhile it was to attract some of those players!