Strengthening the squad

(28-12-2023, 06:59 PM)TP1 Wrote:  There will be very mixed feelings among our fan base about how worthwhile it was to attract some of those players!
Whilst I do like Durrell, I feel I need to point out I’ve been friends on FB with him for 9yrs after interacting with him. He was a dream signing then!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(28-12-2023, 07:17 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Whilst I do like Durrell, I feel I need to point out I’ve been friends on FB with him for 9yrs after interacting with him. He was a dream signing then!
I suspect opinions on him would be very divided, but to his great credit, he’s come across as a great guy on all his interviews, and seems completely sincere in his belief that the squad is good enough to beat the drop. He’s definitely cheered me up a couple of times this season.

(28-12-2023, 07:39 PM)TP1 Wrote:  I suspect opinions on him would be very divided, but to his great credit, he’s come across as a great guy on all his interviews, and seems completely sincere in his belief that the squad is good enough to beat the drop. He’s definitely cheered me up a couple of times this season.

I too was excited with his signing- having seen what he was capable of against us - sadly hasn’t quite happened.

I would have McHale back tomorrow. A hit and miss career maybe, but last season was a huge hit. Player of the season here. Plus we're crying out for a creative winger.

Begging posts on social media - that's up to the fans if they want to do it. All I'd say is, the last 3 players I remember fans clamouring for were Keiran Thomas, Ed Williams, and Dom McHale. And none signed (yet anyway). A bit like writing a desperate love letter to a woman. Inflates their ego and makes us look below them maybe. Maybe Sion Spence and Ben Morgan too.

You could say about Ceesay what you've said about McHale, both have a list of clubs to rival Jefferson Louis (OK, not quite) but Dom looked as good for us as Ceesay did for Hereford on Tuesday. Maybe we got lucky with Dom. Maybe they got lucky with him. Don't recall him playing for Alfreton last year and tearing us a new one. The winger at Chorley looked good against us, not sure if he's repeating that for for bottom three Flybe.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Durrell, I get the feeling he has left, no other news just a gut feeling.

He’s injured. He’s been at recent games in the stands.