Watching away games @ NMP on NLTV

(10-01-2024, 03:04 PM)Neil Wrote:  Why?!! That would kill the idea stone dead.

Personally, I’d  rather pay a fiver to watch in the bar amongst fellow fans, than a tenner to watch it at home, if it came to it.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Let's see how the Banbury game goes, and then we can assess whether it's worth doing in the future. Hopefully it will be!

(10-01-2024, 03:07 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Personally, I’d  rather pay a fiver to watch in the bar amongst fellow fans, than a tenner to watch it at home, if it came to it.

I get that but you'd need 36 paying to make it worthwhile if you consider what you said about the price of beer the other week. Everyone wants their pound of flesh.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

We need to start offering events for free to get people through the doors first and not try to charge for everything. But really good idea for those who won’t be at the game.

It's been stated that its going to be free and will be assessed. Just saying that it turned out not to be viable or worthwhile with sales, then it would be an option. It seems a good few people are already paying a tenner at home.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(10-01-2024, 04:30 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  It's been stated that its going to be free and will be assessed. Just saying that it turned out not to be viable or worthwhile with sales, then it would be an option. It seems a good few people are already paying a tenner at home.

You can understand the reason for no 3pm Saturday coverage- clubs would lose a fortune.

(10-01-2024, 05:27 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  You can understand the reason for no 3pm Saturday coverage- clubs would lose a fortune.

Did the Southport game have fewer people go because it was streamed? I doubt it. I would imagine those who could go would still go. I have a season ticket so didn't need to go to the two games I've been to because they were streamed, but I still did.

I’d be interested, I think it’s a good idea

Yes sounds promising. Are you going to trial it for home games as well?

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Good idea. I'd be interested.

Agree that free entry would be best to get numbers in. If you pay a fiver to get in, buy 2 pints, a burger, and a golden goal, you'll be at £20, and wondering if you could have watched at home and saved the driving.

The £160 fee is a shame but understandable. Without that it would be a no-brainer...