Vera Lynn

(03-02-2024, 10:15 PM)Darran Wrote:  That is because they have new backers so actually have some money to spend. Whereas we have a person in charge with no money to spend.
In that instance, even if by some miracle we survive, unless there is major new investment, then we'll be in the same situation next season.

Agree with others, thought we were okay in the first half and perhaps edged it, seemed to have more energy about us but without that final bit of class. But the second half went back to standard form, bullied in the midfield and no urge to fight when 0-1 down. We went heavy on the crosses late on but they were usually easily dealt with, or overhit. Danny Wright had the best headed chance in front of the T-End which pulled a great stop from Jones. Theo managed to get one back but too late for it to spark anything.

Glad Hanksy is okay from that nasty clash - unsure if in the air it was head or elbow that made contact, but he certainly fell heavily.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(03-02-2024, 11:02 PM)Paul Wrote:  In that instance, even if by some miracle we survive, unless there is major new investment, then we'll be in the same situation next season.
This is the problem. The board statement a couple of days ago hardly filled me with confidence going forward either.

(03-02-2024, 11:31 PM)Darran Wrote:  This is the problem. The board statement a couple of days ago hardly filled me with confidence going forward either.
I have to agree with you there, Darran. Seemed a lot of fluff and feathers. I want to read solid fixes to what's going on on the pitch.

Having just seen MC's reaction on YouTube it appears we're playing Charlie on Tuesday. Let a few in will you please.

*The CUBs TM 2020 (City Ugly Buggers Stand) (A club within a clubs club club)

(04-02-2024, 12:18 AM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  Having just seen MC's reaction on YouTube it appears we're playing Charlie on Tuesday. Let a few in will you please.
Yes happily. Free shooting practice.

There was a problem with card readers yesterday which was a county wide issue. Some fans were asked to pay at the bar for their entry when it was possible to do so. Rather than people being ‘let in for free’ they were trusted to pay later when the card reader issue was sorted. Real shame if they chose not to and deny the club funds.

(03-02-2024, 10:46 PM)Paul Wrote:   Meanwhile, let's hope our 18 year old goalkeeping prodigy from Cardiff is up to it, as we're already missing Jeacock. Perhaps Liam was just settling back in today.

Imo if Armstrong is dropped for Tuesday then we’ve thrown in the towel.

(04-02-2024, 12:24 PM)Gladfans Wrote:  Imo if Armstrong is dropped for Tuesday then we’ve thrown in the towel.
It wouldn't do his confidence any good if he was dropped. We have to keep going - but with games coming up against teams in the upper half of the table it's looking increasingly difficult.