Chorley away

Didn't expect anything tonight so no surprise. South Shields are much improved so that will be tough on Saturday, but Rushall is a must win and if we don't win that then it really will be the final nail in the coffin.

I'm positive until it's mathematical but **** me, what a mess. If we go down we'll have to tear it up and start again like we did this season, most likely with a lower calibre of player than we started this year with.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(06-02-2024, 11:09 PM)Neil Wrote:  I'm positive until it's mathematical but **** me, what a mess. If we go down we'll have to tear it up and start again like we did this season, most likely with a lower calibre of player than we started this year with.

This is why it is so important we find out who is actually in charge of the club and who is keeping the club afloat so we can build towards next season.

18 defeats out of 32 games. Bleak :-(

Whats frustrating is the striker we brought in has scored in every Game , most teams that go down dont have that.

So next season I guess on a two year contract we have only Hamilton and Hanks odds on to be playing SLP next season?????

(06-02-2024, 11:29 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Whats frustrating is the striker we brought in has scored in every Game , most teams that go down dont have that.

Doesn't help if the other side have scored 2/3 by the time he scores 1.

(06-02-2024, 11:38 PM)Darran Wrote:  Doesn't help if the other side have scored 2/3 by the time he scores 1.
Thats what I mean, If only we could play ugly and he pinches a goal every game

(07-02-2024, 12:02 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Thats what I mean, If only we could play ugly and he pinches a goal every game

Well at least 2 of the goals seem to have come via mistakes tonight so that sums up how good we are compared to Chorley.

As mentioned, tonight was going to be difficult. I'll be positive at the match to support the team but on here it's an opportunity to be more realistic. Four points from Shields at home and Rushall away is the best I can imagine.. Four games ago I think the calculation was 1.5 points a game to have a chance of staying up so maybe we're still on track for a miracle. The Darlington, Blyth and Kings Lynn losses at home have made it difficult to be too hopeful though.

Professional Worky Ticket