Stadium Update - 5th July

Business are struggling everywhere atm. It's not surprising owners feel the financial pressure and owning a club must be the final straw on top of there own business interest which give them the "opportunity" to have the pleasure of owning a club (thats a joke by the way!)
Let's hope when the season does get going the winning and good gates turn this around into a more positive outlook!
The club has done the difficult bit in getting back home (albeit with debt via loans) but surely this was always going to be the case with no 100% grant,
one way or another or we would have dropped down the league with a continual nomadic existence and probable oblivion for that the club and fans will be forever in debt to EM and AP.

(06-07-2020, 11:19 PM)Severnside Wrote:  Business are struggling everywhere atm. It's not surprising owners feel the financial pressure and owning a club must be the final straw on top of there own business interest which give them the "opportunity" to have the pleasure of owning a club (thats a joke by the way!)
Let's hope when the season does get going the winning and good gates turn this around into a more positive outlook!
The club has done the difficult bit in getting back home (albeit with debt via loans) but surely this was always going to be the case with no 100% grant,
one way or another or we would have dropped down the league with a continual nomadic existence and probable oblivion for that the club and fans will be forever in debt to EM and AP.

Alex is clearly a determined person and he has gone and got the job done regarding moving back home which is what we have all been waiting for. The concern I have has nothing to do with the ground, but more the wage budget which currently isn't sustainable. The ground is pretty much done and in a few weeks there will be nothing to have to spend on it as such. The team though will always need paying. Maybe EM will cover the costs?

Darren I for once agree!
We have to hope JR can get results from the off as that will attract good gates. We have to hope the budget IS sustainable from ground/gate revenue so we can push onwards. Many clubs will struggle and we appear to be in better shape than most?

(07-07-2020, 12:43 AM)Severnside Wrote:  Darren I for once agree!
We have to hope JR can get results from the off as that will attract good gates. We have to hope the budget IS sustainable from ground/gate revenue so we can push onwards. Many clubs will struggle and we appear to be in better shape than most?

Obviously we are still uncertain how many people would be allowed into the ground once we start. Are the government going to say its how many people you can fit in allowing for 1m or will they say no more than 500 or 1000? I think its more likely they will use a number of people. France for example are allowing 5000 people into sporting events which obviously if happened here we would be fine. We are clearly in a decent position on paper though although if we do kick off in September I doubt too much damage will have been done to most clubs. Chester looked skint, but then their fans have raised 100k to boost the budget which is a huge amount of money at this level. 

There are so many unknowns right now that Alex dropping more hints he is going to leave at some point and wants his money back makes me a bit nervy about everything. I think if the club does become successful though that Alex will find it hard to leave. Who wouldn't want to be in charge of a successful club?

One thing we have in our favor is we have to successfull business owners at the helm of the club who have been there and done it,the one major thing that the new ground gives us is a product to sell and not just every 2 weeks but everyday!add to the fact the work being done with the all the teams and community work it will hopefully all come together.
In terms of the wage budget I think there’s an element of especulate to acumulate as an inicial bigger investment in the team will cause an interest in the club(publicity),the signing of Asante proving that with 50k hits on the website if the team start getting results the people will come and with the 1m rule the capacity goes Up to an aceptable level.
Personally I think Alex will find it hard to walk away 100% now his name is written in our history and I hope I’m right,another thing I have realized from from the stadium updates is how much Eamon was undervalued(myself included) that we basically wouldn’t exist without him.
This feels so much different to the Kieth Gardener times probably due to the Alex’s honesty, I’m just enjoying the ride and hopefully watch us have a bit of success and get a bitter closer to our rivals!

AP and EM would have done their budgets and homework, as everyone admits that they are successful business men. From memory EM stated that the club will never go back to boom or bust so we have to trust him

New stadium update in, AP sounds more positive this week, well done Alex it's all coming together.