South Shields

(10-02-2024, 02:12 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  The mentality of cof threads? I’d be more worried about the mentality at the actual games.

This has been true all season, as soon as we go a goal down there’s shouts questioning players application and songs like “we’re fucking ****”, I’m sure that does more to damage us staying up than people saying they don’t think we’ll win on a forum.

(10-02-2024, 02:18 PM)MeadowClark Wrote:  This has been true all season, as soon as we go a goal down there’s shouts questioning players application and songs like “we’re fucking ****”, I’m sure that does more to damage us staying up than people saying they don’t think we’ll win on a forum.
That's how I see it. We can be realistic on here but at the match we've got to support the team even if at times it does seem delusional.

Professional Worky Ticket

(10-02-2024, 02:24 PM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  That's how I see it. We can be realistic on here but at the match we've got to support the team even if at times it does seem delusional.

Exactly right Mr. Magoo. Even in the darkest days of exile we always backed the team in the ground. I've only heard "you're not fit to wear the shirt" once at City before this season (Shortwood **Shudders**) but twice already at least this season!

Got to be positive, if anything for your own sanity. This week, it might be different, maybe we play well, maybe the opposition have an off day, who knows?

Let's not be beaten before we're actually beaten.

This is a hard watch.

Being outplayed, out fought terrible performance, sorry to say half this squad is not good enough for this level

No negativity please

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

The only positive is that little has changed at the foot of the table other than Southport winning...

(10-02-2024, 05:31 PM)Ross Wrote:  Being outplayed, out fought terrible performance, sorry to say half this squad is not good enough for this level
And yet we are getting rid of one of our best players without bringing anyone else in. Southern league here we come

That was awful. I said let's not get beaten before the match but the players looked beaten as soon as the first goal went in.

Spencer Hamilton at full time said to the T-End "they just don't care, do they?" or words to that effect, referring to his team. Sad to hear from the captain but he's right. They don't.

We were okay for the first 20-30 minutes, winning the ball in midfield, okay in possession, little bit of buzz in the team. As soon as the first goal went in, they all downed tools. Players not running, individual errors, completely avoidable goals conceded.

Just a complete collapse and embarrassingly so. Some players should be ashamed, but like Hammo said, they don't care.