South Shields

I’ve been on my sick bed for a couple of days now so missed the game, but I reckon my experience was less painful than those that had to witness that.

Thank you for the radio commentary, listened to the game midweek and today and they do a great job. From the sound of things you hear from the ground it’s probably one of the only things we’re doing right at the moment.

Released our best player this week and then got honked 5-0, this is what you get when you try to run before you can walk. We should’ve been a solid semi-pro side before all this professional and basketball nonsense came along, instead we’re heading down to the Southern League riddled with debt.

Left at 4 nil all I can say every player today was embarrassing and I mean every player where was the desire and fight from these players they just don't seem interested or bothered .

They were much better than us

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Positives
Good crowd. Us masochists need to stick together
Negatives
Lots
Well to my eyes we competed for 25 minutes but even then a few minutes before Shields scored I turned to a pal and said we're going to lose this two or three nil. SS are as MC would put it an "attractive" side, which I think means they like to play football. You could just tell by looking at the two sides they spend all week down the gym when they're not training and that would tell over the course of a game.0-2 down at half time we had a chance to make it 1-2 just after the break. How that didn't go in God knows. Eventually it was a training session for them.
That brings us to the crux of the matter as I now see it. Against footballalling teams who play like us we're unfortunately falling short every time, our players as a team aren't quite good enough at this level. Some times we lose by the odd goal and occasionally like today it's more telling. Against the other teams in the division, the physical sides we just don't have the nouse or players to win either.  Therefore we're doomed from the kick off to lose most weeks.
Next season in a lower league we need to decide if we're going to be the best footballing side in the division or recruit a bunch of bruisers.

Professional Worky Ticket

Hardly a surprise some of the players don’t care given what some of the fans say about them. The slating of Danny Wright for example yet those fans then want them to go and bust a gut for them. It works both ways

Well that was terrible.

I think we were in the game til Duffus hit self destruct, but after that we were barely even second best.

https://youtu.be/V6QhAZckY8w?si=j2gHg1aPL1VqO3KF

Can but hope.  Cry

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(10-02-2024, 06:15 PM)MeadowClark Wrote:  Released our best player this week and then got honked 5-0, this is what you get when you try to run before you can walk. We should’ve been a solid semi-pro side before all this professional and basketball nonsense came along, instead we’re heading down to the Southern League riddled with debt.
Who in their right mind would think that basketball could have created income generation in Gloucester? A no brainier as to who. The football team, and only the football team are what matters. It's been apparent all season that we're heading for relegation and won't be back in this league any time soon. I wouldn't blame MC for throwing in the towel after today. It's not over yet but can't see how we get out of this.

(10-02-2024, 06:34 PM)Darran Wrote:  Hardly a surprise some of the players don’t care given what some of the fans say about them. The slating of Danny Wright for example yet those fans then want them to go and bust a gut for them. It works both ways
I think you can add the actions of the people running the club to that equation. If it’s true that they were trying to push Durrell out a few weeks ago, surely he’s going to feel ambivalent about the club. And what are the players going to think about one of their best colleagues being let go?

Everything about today was dire. From the football, to Al Dawkins pint (I hope you’re ok), to having to tell some poor fella in the disabled toilet he’d have to get in his wheelchair without wiping his arse as there wasn’t one toilet roll in the entire stadium. Utterly, utterly embarrassing.

What is happening to our Club?

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.