What can we do?

(11-02-2024, 06:12 PM)Footy Wrote:  Been supporting City for well over 30 years now and I can't remember how many times I've heard numerous Chairman over the years say they want National league/ football league within a 5 year plan. 30 years on and we're on the verge of Southern league football again, false promises from  Chairman that promise us the world then don't deliver, quite frankly I'm fxxked off with it all, the secrecy and silence from the board and Chairman is totally unacceptable. The fans of Gloucester City just want a successful football team but I don't think I'm ever going to see City play at a higher level. We certainly are the fxxking laughing stock of non league football. If only Richard Branson was born in Gloucester and liked football eh!!!!!
Hopefully you’re a Trust member - we CAN make a difference collectively. We are customers and without us the club doesn’t exist, we can bring about change at the top but we need as many people to become Trust members as possible. I would like to see a club run sensibly by the people best suited to do the job, with respect for fans, volunteers, players and staff from the top and not this crazy, stream of consciousness, knee jerk decision making which we have gotten so used to that we just ignore it. Respect for our history and heritage. Engagement with the local community and local businesses and an achievable plan to help us be successful. The people at the top don’t want this, they want to treat the club like a toy, do what they want regardless of what fans think or how it makes us look. Time for a change.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Sadly having supported the Club since 1968 I have seen it all before .
Horton Rd where a game was almost cancelled due to no money to purchase oil for the boiler until Jack Davies ( aka one eyed Jack) saved the day.
Then the Geoff Hester era which granted we won promotion.
Then the Keith Gardiner era, the Les Alderman era , I could go on.We have just lurched from crisis to crisis,Rob Thomas having to borrow money from the Council to pay an HMRC bill.
Trouble is at the moment, loyal volunteers have left in protest leaving basic things ie toilet paper, clean toilets etc going neglected.
Stability isn’t a word in the Clubs vocabulary.
I really worry about the future.

(11-02-2024, 06:26 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Hopefully you’re a Trust member - we CAN make a difference collectively. We are customers and without us the club doesn’t exist, we can bring about change at the top but we need as many people to become Trust members as possible. I would like to see a club run sensibly by the people best suited to do the job, with respect for fans, volunteers, players and staff from the top and not this crazy, stream of consciousness, knee jerk decision making which we have gotten so used to that we just ignore it. Respect for our history and heritage. Engagement with the local community and local businesses and an achievable plan to help us be successful. The people at the top don’t want this, they want to treat the club like a toy, do what they want regardless of what fans think or how it makes us look. Time for a change.

I've just joined the trust on the yearly basis to see how it functions as you say a collective can make a difference.

(11-02-2024, 09:18 PM)Gloucester Green Wrote:  I've just joined the trust on the yearly basis to see how it functions as you say a collective can make a difference.
Great news welcome

(11-02-2024, 06:26 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Hopefully you’re a Trust member - we CAN make a difference collectively. We are customers and without us the club doesn’t exist, we can bring about change at the top but we need as many people to become Trust members as possible. I would like to see a club run sensibly by the people best suited to do the job, with respect for fans, volunteers, players and staff from the top and not this crazy, stream of consciousness, knee jerk decision making which we have gotten so used to that we just ignore it. Respect for our history and heritage. Engagement with the local community and local businesses and an achievable plan to help us be successful. The people at the top don’t want this, they want to treat the club like a toy, do what they want regardless of what fans think or how it makes us look. Time for a change.

You're spot on here. I've just signed up to the Supporters Trust. We can write on here until we're blue in the face and it won't make any different. The only way things will change is if us - the fans - are united and represented and I don't see any other way of doing that except the Supporters Trust. Time to put our tenners where our mouths are. The more of us there are, the harder it gets to ignore us.

(11-02-2024, 09:18 PM)Gloucester Green Wrote:  I've just joined the trust on the yearly basis to see how it functions as you say a collective can make a difference.
Welcome aboard, mate!

(12-02-2024, 12:40 AM)Kingsway Casual Wrote:  You're spot on here. I've just signed up to the Supporters Trust. We can write on here until we're blue in the face and it won't make any different. The only way things will change is if us - the fans - are united and represented and I don't see any other way of doing that except the Supporters Trust. Time to put our tenners where our mouths are. The more of us there are, the harder it gets to ignore us.
Welcome - we have a board meeting next Monday 19th, members are welcome to attend board meetings with prior notice, feel free to contact us via news@gcafcsupporters.co.uk

(12-02-2024, 08:34 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Welcome - we have a board meeting next Monday 19th, members are welcome to attend board meetings with prior notice, feel free to contact us via news@gcafcsupporters.co.uk

Thank you, and good to know. I'm not around next week but would be interested in attending in the future.

(12-02-2024, 08:34 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Welcome - we have a board meeting next Monday 19th, members are welcome to attend board meetings with prior notice, feel free to contact us via news@gcafcsupporters.co.uk

Email sent Smile Thanks

Speaking of public figures supporting city, didnt realise Spraggy (poker streamer) is a lifelong city fan.

https://youtu.be/zusNOETj6xk

Nice to see our merch on a big show like this.