The T-End is Rising Again

Some good pictures on social media tonight with pictures showing good progress on the building of the T-End

The steelwork for the "new" T-End" was completed yesterday. We started on the Bell stand today and poured the foundations for the containers today behind the Eamonn and Brian stands...

Biggest issue we've had thus far has been seats! So may company make the seat moulds overseas! So Convid-19 has halted production in a number of locations. Luckily we've found a company in Wolverhampton that make 100% of the seats in the Black Country. Just another hurdle we had to overcome today!

AP

Excellent progress and overcoming hurdles along the way

Excellent progress on the stands, it's all beginning to take shape. Well done

Yes the pitch still runs the same direction as before, yes the T-End is now at the Sudmeadow Road end and yes access is still via Sudmeadow Road.

When we're back we'll try and push the Spinnaker Road access, but that involves the councils support with third parties.

AP

Its a ransom strip isn't it Alex. Not sure how the Council can help, don't you simply need to come to some deal with the Bishops?

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(05-04-2020, 09:59 AM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  Its a ransom strip isn't it Alex. Not sure how the Council can help, don't you simply need to come to some deal with the Bishops?

That’s exactly as I understand it.

The T-End top left hand corner should, if I've got my maths and water flow rates correct, will be the slowest corner of the ground... so that's the corner to pump the ball into to close out the game holding on to a 1-0 lead in injury time...

The Bell End top right corner is the quickest, again, if I've done my maths rights! So the away team will hopefully struggle to do the same and we'll be able to run into that corner with the ball over the top to stretch the play...

But like I said, this is only if I've got my maths right! Always try to find the 1% extra in everything you do, hopefully our pitch deigns will give us that.

AP

(05-04-2020, 10:59 AM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  The T-End top left hand corner should, if I've got my maths and water flow rates correct, will be the slowest corner of the ground... so that's the corner to pump the ball into to close out the game holding on to a 1-0 lead in injury time...

The Bell End top right corner is the quickest, again, if I've done my maths rights! So the away team will hopefully struggle to do the same and we'll be able to run into that corner with the ball over the top to stretch the play...

But like I said, this is only if I've got my maths right! Always try to find the 1% extra in everything you do, hopefully our pitch deigns will give us that.

AP
I hope the away teams don’t read this....

I thought someone would say that .... if someone reads this now, remembers, acts on it ... then fair play to them... and that's the clever thing with our pitch ... we can control how much water it holds ... just like premier league teams do.... so we can alter conditions.

And who's saying I haven't written this to be read by away teams Smile My point is just that for once we'll be able to have "home advantage", hopefully making MP a difficult place to come. I'll never forget just how much our players hated playing at Farley and Gateheads this season ....

AP