Cooky in or out

Of all the time we spend relating to Gloucester City, any moment spent pondering the hypothetical pros and cons of AP as first team manager will probably be the worst use of that time.

(08-04-2024, 01:04 PM)Kitto Wrote:  Of all the time we spend relating to Gloucester City, any moment spent pondering the hypothetical pros and cons of AP as first team manager will probably be the worst use of that time.
I don't know, there is a lot to be said for a bit of dark humour!

(08-04-2024, 12:01 PM)RJS Wrote:  Depends on level I believe, I'm sure someone more informed will be able to answer the question.  My point was more that we've all met that bloke who has got all the badges and doesn't know a damn thing about football (particularly local football), and likewise people whose opinion who we really respect but doesn't have anything on paper.  That's not to decry badges I'd rather any manager of City have them than not, but they are necessarily marker of quality some people hold them out to be!
Badges. Didn't Paul Groves come here with plenty of gongs? That didn't turn out too well. Shame we didn't have a manager of Steven King's ilk take over after Rowe left - our momentum towards promotion may well have continued. I look at PG's appointment as when things first began to go downhill.

Paul, so let’s see what MC can do with a pre season he can choose who comes in and who doesn’t, budget permitting of course.
IMO previous CV’s mean no more than the CDM aka a Cadburys Dairy Milk badge.the last couple of seasons have been nothing short of shambolic.
My only solace in all this is the last IV with MC when he is it appears he knows the budget for next season.

(08-04-2024, 08:31 PM)Pims manager again Wrote:  Paul, so let’s see what MC can do with a pre season he can choose who comes in and who doesn’t, budget permitting of course.
IMO previous CV’s mean no more than the CDM aka a Cadburys Dairy Milk badge.the last couple of seasons have been nothing short of shambolic.
My only solace in all this is the last IV with MC when he is it appears he knows the budget for next season.
As Mike said in his post match interview he wants his own players. He had Tim Flowers team to start with and has had to pull in players since then as and when he could. Not the same as recruiting pre-season. I'm confident he can do it. As SK showed contacts are important. LM's appeared limited when he was in charge - we can hope Mike's are wider and we can bounce back. We don't want to get too comfortable in the SL.

(08-04-2024, 11:27 AM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  Possibly in that strange universe that is Gloucester City at the moment. Darren would have a field day! I tend to laugh in the face of tragedy,, so I would have been in stitches.

Shame it didn't happen , Then he could have spent all his time crittersizing AP and his relentless in sults and  snide remarks and given quite a few of us the chance to skip that post.like I've said ?

(08-04-2024, 01:04 PM)Kitto Wrote:  Of all the time we spend relating to Gloucester City, any moment spent pondering the hypothetical pros and cons of AP as first team manager will probably be the worst use of that time.

This