Fairford now at home

(06-07-2024, 07:24 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  I know the game was switched at the last minute but  surely the bar could have done a few rolls at least.
Was bloody starving by the time I got home , no food whatsoever except  crisp or choc bars .Disappointing even
by our standards??

Simply nobody to do it with less than 24hrs notice and Mike and his team at Silverstone catering at the Grand Prix.

I’m amazed we managed to find bar staff.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(06-07-2024, 07:24 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  I know the game was switched at the last minute but  surely the bar could have done a few rolls at least.
Was bloody starving by the time I got home , no food whatsoever except  crisp or choc bars .Disappointing even
by our standards??
An alternative view.

Repect to all of the volunteers who, at very short notice, rearranged their weekends to make sure the game could go on....those on matchday and those who were at the ground late Friday evening getting the place ready.

(06-07-2024, 07:50 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  An alternative view.

Repect to all of the volunteers who, at very short notice, rearranged their weekends to make sure the game could go on....those on matchday and those who were at the ground late Friday evening getting the place ready.
Fair enough just thought that the catering company would be working . Didn't realized they would be at Silverstone doing other work commitments.

(06-07-2024, 08:04 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Fair enough just thought that the catering company would be working . Didn't realized they would be at Silverstone doing other work commitments.
the club went out of their way to point that out yesterday when the fixture change was announced? 

In terms of the game, score line can be ignored as a lot of changes and young players, but the moments of individual class from our players were very promising. King offers something we don’t currently have, be very interested in following his progress

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimage...0318539638

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/index1.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(06-07-2024, 08:47 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  the club went out of their way to point that out yesterday when the fixture change was announced? 

In terms of the game, score line can be ignored as a lot of changes and young players, but the moments of individual class from our players were very promising. King offers something we don’t currently have, be very interested in following his progress

Loving that positivity reference the game

(06-07-2024, 08:47 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  the club went out of their way to point that out yesterday when the fixture change was announced? 

Didn't see anything about catering what's so ever otherwise I would have had lunch at home.
Still survived until I got home so no damage to my empty belly .

(07-07-2024, 06:46 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Didn't see anything about catering what's so ever otherwise I would have had lunch at home.
Still survived until I got home so no damage to my empty belly .
How did you know the fixture had been changed then?

Probably this thread, which doesn’t mention it tbf. All the Club social media posts advising of the switch made it very clear that it was too late notice to do food though.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Ah I see, an unofficial source