New Season

Just seen this on Wrexham’s twitter feed about the new season which supports what AP said in his blog yesterday about start of season

[b]National League Season 2020/21 [/b]
Further to a meeting of the National League Board last Friday, the Board has determined the following: 
• The scheduled start date of the 2020/21 Season is [b]Saturday, 3 October 2020[/b]. 
• 46 league fixtures will be scheduled in the National Division, and either 42 or 40 league fixtures will be scheduled in the North and South Divisions. 
• The North and South Divisions will commence the season with The FA Cup Second Qualifying Round on Saturday 3 October. 
• The final league match of the normal season is scheduled for [b]Saturday 29 May 2021[/b]. 
• The end of season play-offs are scheduled to take place in [b]June 2021[/b]. 
Please note the season end date and the scheduling of the play-offs in June is subject to FA approval.

When will we know what division we will be in when the season starts,any one know?

So, it's basically the length between the last league game and the first pre-season friendly that we have to wait until we see a ball kicked in anger.

(28-07-2020, 09:23 AM)Grey beard Wrote:  When will we know what division we will be in when the season starts,any one know?
Not until after all the NL playoffs have been played will they make a decision (unless the decision has already been made, but they won’t release it until after playoffs)
Both NLN & NLS were due for expansion to 24 teams, might just be that for this coming season only 1 team gets relegated from NLS but 2 from NLN.

Johnny Murphy’s Barmy Army

Will they risk a midweek game after the FA Cup or will it be first game on the 10th?

(28-07-2020, 11:08 AM)Neil Wrote:  Will they risk a midweek game after the FA Cup or will it be first game on the 10th?

would depend if they scrap cup replays as any replays would be that week.

The FA are still to make a decision on the two sides looking to enter the pyramid and if Bury get accepted then they would be placed in the North I would reckon which would surely mean we move to the south. I'd be surprised if they moved Brackley over us given they have never been in the South. I'd imagine it will be early next week we will get the announcement given the need for clarity pretty quickly. When Rushden went bust a few years ago it meant Bishops Stortford got moved at very late notice to the North and they got some money for it so could be scope for the same to happen here should we get moved.

(28-07-2020, 02:07 PM)Darran Wrote:  The FA are still to make a decision on the two sides looking to enter the pyramid and if Bury get accepted then they would be placed in the North I would reckon which would surely mean we move to the south. I'd be surprised if they moved Brackley over us given they have never been in the South. I'd imagine it will be early next week we will get the announcement given the need for clarity pretty quickly. When Rushden went bust a few years ago it meant Bishops Stortford got moved at very late notice to the North and they got some money for it so could be scope for the same to happen here should we get moved.
Which two sides Darran?

(28-07-2020, 02:15 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Which two sides Darran?

No one officially knows but one of them looks certain to be Bury.

I doubt it will delay things being announced but we won't know if Macclesfield or Stevenage will be relegated for a couple of weeks. What it might delay is the fixture announcement.

(28-07-2020, 02:17 PM)Darran Wrote:  No one officially knows but one of them looks certain to be Bury.
Well FC Isle of Man and Bury AFC (the Phoenix club) have been accepted into the North West Counties Football League Division 1 North, still pending final ratification. Bury FC are also pending acceptance into the National League system, but that could be anywhere in the 6 tiers of the NL.