Stadium Update - 2nd August

Dave that’s what I understood as well. Even having sold 300 plus ST that does not fill one stand - so plenty on the T End and around the perimeter fencing.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we are allowed a crowd of 2000 on October 3rd or the week after. Given the Government stopped trials going ahead this weekend for another two weeks and that was at very late notice for Alex to be so certain we will have 2000 people for the first game. In all honestly until the league actually starts I wouldn't rule out there being no football this season, but very much hope that isn't the case.

Broken into last night apparently, developing situation...

Bit of a random question but with the Astro turf, do players have any rules when it comes to things like spitting or chewing gum?

It’s well known that players spit but would this be the same as spitting on a carpet at home?

With the pitch being hired out I was wondering what sort of impact/damage this could cause if there was spit and chewing gum landing on the turf on a daily basis.

(04-08-2020, 01:23 PM)MrMatt Wrote:  Bit of a random question but with the Astro turf, do players have any rules when it comes to things like spitting or chewing gum?

It’s well known that players spit but would this be the same as spitting on a carpet at home?

With the pitch being hired out I was wondering what sort of impact/damage this could cause if there was spit and chewing gum landing on the turf on a daily basis.
1. It’s a 3G pitch, AstroTurf is an American company who produced artificial grass (Hoover, Tannoy...) - old AstroTurf pitches were sand-based, our 3G has a rubber crumb for cushioning.
2. The 3G is free-draining unlike your carpet, but it would end up covered in gob - so I would think it would be prohibited; chewing gum would almost certainly be banned from the 3G, it can cause long-term damage.

You know what’s annoying? I typed 3G and then deleted it! I’ve learnt my lesson.

Plus if the gob is directed at a person, it’s straight red now

(04-08-2020, 02:52 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Plus if the gob is directed at a person, it’s straight red now
I suggest we make our 3G a person - anyone spitting would be sent off Tongue

(04-08-2020, 02:52 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Plus if the gob is directed at a person, it’s straight red now
That was always a straight red,coughing is the new “straight red”,I would imagine that spitting at someone could and should lead to criminal charges aswell of the red card.