Friday 20th July 2007.

It was 13 years ago today that we had the floods. Can remember that day. Finished work at 2:30pm at Barnwood, sky was full of rain. Was going through Hartpury on the way home, roads were terrible. Was going to stay at an Aunties house round Hartpury, but floods prevented me from getting there. Was not able to get home as roads were flooded. Went back to Gloucester. Tried Premier Inn at Longford, Booked Out. Was then told to go to another relations house which was in Painswick. Went to Elmbridge Court Roundabout, it was like a moat. Water swirling round it.Traffic was stationary on Eastern Avenue. Got to Painswick and stayed the night. It was a long afternoon / evening. 
      Remember on the Sunday watching BBC News with them showing Tewkesbury Abbey looking like it was on an Island. Any recollections from that day / weekend? (Of course, it was to be the start of our exile).

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

I remember that day vividly.

I had the day off work because my ex and I were looking at a flat just off London Road. I remember it was teeming down from early in the morning. We saw the flat, but it was too small, then we headed back to her's in Matson via Morrison's. My last drive that day was about 3pm and I thought nothing of it.

The next morning I dropped her off to work around the corner at about 7am and drove home to Whaddon via Shurdington. I distinctly remember Radio Glos playing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" and saying it was poignant, but I still had no idea about the flooding. All I saw was a massive puddle across Shurdington Road on my way home. I got in and put on the telly and there it was on BBC News talking about people being stranded all over the shop.

(21-07-2020, 08:36 AM)Si Robin Wrote:  I remember that day vividly.

I had the day off work because my ex and I were looking at a flat just off London Road.  I remember it was teeming down from early in the morning.  We saw the flat, but it was too small, then we headed back to her's in Matson via Morrison's.  My last drive that day was about 3pm and I thought nothing of it.

The next morning I dropped her off to work around the corner at about 7am and drove home to Whaddon via Shurdington.  I distinctly remember Radio Glos playing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" and saying it was poignant, but I still had no idea about the flooding.  All I saw was a massive puddle across Shurdington Road on my way home.  I got in and put on the telly and there it was on BBC News talking about people being stranded all over the shop.

Not the20th but the day after ,my mate was getting wed at the other end of the golden valley in the old dowtys HQ going down the golden valley there were abandoned cars every where. It looked like aracky convoy had been shot up by the RAF? (What a trip to have to take,if  it wasn't for a mate I would have stayed in bed.)