Non League Paper Article

The Non-League Paper (@NonLeaguePaper) Tweeted: Non-League stalwart @TheVanaramaNL director Colin Peake calling for patience as game works with Government to ensure fans have clubs to come back to. Sunday's NLP & coronavirus special will be available as a digi edition from midnight 2night #coronavirus

https://t.co/jceQfpPcFI

(21-03-2020, 11:53 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Highland League have made the decision already:
http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/Ne...pdate.aspx

I'm guessing they don't have relegation and they don't have automatic promotion so it is easier for them especially as the current leaders were well clear. The English situation is not as simple as that and I would hope no league goes for the same answer to the problem.

(22-03-2020, 01:49 AM)ODarran Wrote:  
(21-03-2020, 11:53 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Highland League have made the decision already:

I'm guessing they don't have relegation and they don't have automatic promotion so it is easier for them especially as the current leaders were well clear. The English situation is not as simple as that and I would hope no league goes for the same answer to the problem.

Darran completely on the same page. They are a  17 Club competition in the very North of Scotland and do not have promotion/relegation route into the rest of their National Game. And some clubs only had 4 games left to play. As I said in my article you cannot compare chalk with cheese.

The next few days will see more discussion for and on behalf of some 45,000 affiliated clubs across England trying to work out a solution for all and not just the few. Patience is the key and no one is going to lose out IF we can help it in the National League. We can only try our darnedest to be as fair as we can under the circumstances. But even we recognised from the outset this has to be a collective approach and possibly phased out over months by prioritising what Clubs see as their most pressing issues. The first is financial stability and is I feel crucial. 
You

Not the health and well-being of people?

(22-03-2020, 10:37 AM)Brandman Wrote:  
(22-03-2020, 01:49 AM)ODarran Wrote:  

Darran completely on the same page. They are a  17 Club competition in the very North of Scotland and do not have promotion/relegation route into the rest of their National Game. And some clubs only had 4 games left to play. As I said in my article you cannot compare chalk with cheese.

The next few days will see more discussion for and on behalf of some 45,000 affiliated clubs across England trying to work out a solution for all and not just the few. Patience is the key and no one is going to lose out IF we can help it in the National League. We can only try our darnedest to be as fair as we can under the circumstances. But even we recognised from the outset this has to be a collective approach and possibly phased out over months by prioritising what Clubs see as their most pressing issues. The first is financial stability and is I feel crucial. 
You
The Highland League does have promotion to Scottish League Two, via playoff with the Lowland League. Some clubs had 12 games left to play.

Just so you're in the loop...

The NL wrote to all club over the weekend asking some questions about the season and gaining feedback. My response summarised was I feel the season should be ended on the current date, with no season extension so we can plan for next season correctly.

I'm not going into the reasons, as everyone will have different views. But wanted people to know which way our vote went.

AP

(23-03-2020, 12:25 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Just so you're in the loop...

The NL wrote to all club over the weekend asking some questions about the season and gaining feedback. My response summarised was I feel the season should be ended on the current date, with no season extension so we can plan for next season correctly.

I'm not going into the reasons, as everything will have different thoughts. But wanted people to know which way our vote went.

AP
Thank you Alex. A tough call but in my opinion the only sensible and realistic one, this humanitarian crisis has no end in sight. Plan for the worst, but hope for a better future.

Thanks, there's a conference call / video link tomorrow with all clubs.... that will be fun! Let's hope the chairman is strong! As that will be a chest puffing out contest i'm sure... with some clubs trying to bully there way though there own ideas i'm sure .... but don't worry about me.... I can play that game too, so fancy my chances if all hell brakes loss ha ha

Stay safe!

AP

(23-03-2020, 01:34 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Thanks, there's a conference call / video link tomorrow with all clubs.... that will be fun! Let's hope the chairman is strong! As that will be a chest puffing out contest i'm sure... with some clubs trying to bully there way though there own ideas i'm sure .... but don't worry about me.... I can play that game too, so fancy my chances if all hell brakes loss ha ha

Stay safe!

AP
 Just don’t stand for any crap from the Kings Lynn chairman

I agree that's a totally sensible call Alex, just hope the majority of others see it the same way.