Ground Sharing

As our time almost comes to a close on what I think has been the most tinpottest of tinpot grounds for many a reason on and off the pitch since 2007..

What is everyone’s favourite and worst ground we’ve been tenants at and why?

I'm afraid Whaddon Road was my favourite. I know it was stepping into enemy territory but the facilities were good, we generated a decent atmosphere and had some good games and crowds.

Worst is Evesham and if anyone says differently they're mad

Ciren was the best - and not just winning promotion in one of our seasons there.

(05-03-2020, 11:49 PM)Lee Wrote:  I'm afraid Whaddon Road was my favourite. I know it was stepping into enemy territory but the facilities were good, we generated a decent atmosphere and had some good games and crowds.

Worst is Evesham and if anyone says differently they're mad

Agree on both counts. 

WR was by far the best, and the less said about EU the better. 

At least it will the move home seem even better! 

Favourite Ground was C********m Town. Good atmosphere, especially our first game against FC Utd of Manchester. Stood on the terracing close to the Home Dugout. Good view of the game, and covered with the Stand roof overhead. Good Parking facilities.

Not Favourite Ground is Evesham Utd. No atmosphere, more open to the elements. Parking now reduced due to works next to Ground, but with the wet weather, may not be able to park on the grass anyway.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

I'm forced to agree that our neighbours at the wrong end of the Golden Valley was the best, particularly the medical room.

My second choice would be FGR, again a good medical room.

Third would be Cirencester, not quite as cold and windy as Evesham. Medical room at Ciren was little more than a cupboard. Haven't seen the medical room at Evesham, so can't comment about it as I was long retired by the time we moved there.

Whaddon. God I miss that place. It must've been so much easier for a manager to get a player to sign for the club to play there than it is to get them to come to Evesham!

The Medical room at Chelt swings it for me. It had 2 beds, an ice machine and loads of room to dump all our stuff

WR for me. The only ground where you could actually create any atmosphere

I’ve only been watching the club since the first season at C********m so I have limited options. Although I did enjoy the “home” match at Slimbridge in pre-season.

As a fan I would say WR for all the reasons above, however, Evesham’s PA system is much better to play music through as C********m is CD only.