George Carline

GC has left the club “by mutual agreement” according to the official Twitter. 

Shame, as his Delap style throws have contributed several goals so far this season. 

Wonder how long it will take him to find his way to Chesterfield?

The comments on twitter by some suggest he refused to play the last 3 games. Can that be true?

Seems that way. Poor show.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Another of our top signings leaves. It would be great to understand what the club actually has received in terms of a transfer fee for Asante or compensation when Carline turns up at Chesterfield. I know the changing rooms have been rebuilt but I don't like the revolving door that seems to have been installed at the players entrance.

If we get away with just Asanate and Carline leaving they can be replaced. I am sure the interview panel has a manager lined up with ideas and contacts although of course bringing in a replacement at this time of season will probably mean a loan signing.
The good news is we have a certain contact with Adie Mings who as said by AP in the interview will bring in players of the right calibre via his little black book...

Shame, his throws are special. But why pay a player for being precious. Assuming we enforce the no further signings stipulation (on Chesterfield) then he'll need to find a temporary home. Leamington on Boxing Day maybe?

If he’s forced a transfer by faking injury( not saying he did but it’s a bit suspicious the time lines) I hope he was made to pay off his contract or we receive some compensation when he signs for someone else,will miss his long throw though,the players that stay may benefit from this as they will be even better supported than before when fans allowed back in as we know their here because they want to be.

Bit of a disappointment as George is a decent player with an excellent throw. I will say though that Jack James has really taken his chance and Mensah has a good throw too.

If he has been refusing to play that's very poor and we don't need players like that. Shame we couldn't get any for him though.

(03-12-2020, 11:30 PM)Joe Wrote:  Bit of a disappointment as George is a decent player with an excellent throw. I will say though that Jack James has really taken his chance and Mensah has a good throw too.

If he has been refusing to play that's very poor and we don't need players like that. Shame we couldn't get any for him though.
Can players actually get out of their contracts in that way? I agree,I prefer 10 Jack James than someone who just ship when they want,every time he’s played he’s shown what it is about to play for City(James)

No longer Sweet Carline.  Sad Thought Jack James looked alright at right back last season. Could George be on his way back to rejoining Solihull Moors?

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.