Programme notes ...

(04-04-2020, 04:48 PM)Ray Tango Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 04:44 PM)Eric Van Der Floof Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 04:04 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Citygull,

Expectations are want always need to be managed ... as with expectation come pressure ... and currently added pressure is something the club can do without.

Eric Van DF,

I know why you refer to Eamonn as EMG ... But EMG was actually his Dad. The groundworks company EMG was formed by Brian and Eamonn in their Dad memory. Eamonn is EFM... he really dislikes the EMG reference. But as he never speaks up... much like me ha ha... know one would have ever known that.

How's that for fact of the day hey! Oh and Steve likes to be called Lord... or was that bald ... my dyslexia gets them mixed up!

AP

Duly noted  Shy
Not to be confused with EMF

(you’ll be playing their songs now)

that’s an unbelievable past Ray

(04-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Eric Van Der Floof Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 04:48 PM)Ray Tango Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 04:44 PM)Eric Van Der Floof Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 04:04 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Citygull,

Expectations are want always need to be managed ... as with expectation come pressure ... and currently added pressure is something the club can do without.

Eric Van DF,

I know why you refer to Eamonn as EMG ... But EMG was actually his Dad. The groundworks company EMG was formed by Brian and Eamonn in their Dad memory. Eamonn is EFM... he really dislikes the EMG reference. But as he never speaks up... much like me ha ha... know one would have ever known that.

How's that for fact of the day hey! Oh and Steve likes to be called Lord... or was that bald ... my dyslexia gets them mixed up!

AP

Duly noted  Shy
Not to be confused with EMF

(you’ll be playing their songs now)

that’s an unbelievable past Ray
The things you say

Thanks for the update AP, you said that the three of you were either stupid or committed, I would class all three of you as stupidly committed, not an insult as I mean that in the most respectful way, without the three of you there would be no Meadow park and no Gloucester City to look forward to and the hopes and dreams of all of us would have died.

As for the season ticket issue, I for one never thought anything else but the season is over so be it.

What I do hope and I speak as someone living away from the City, is that the people of Gloucester come and support the team once back in this fantastic City.

To me it’s quite clear that the 3 of you are highly
Valued at the club,I remember a thread about 18 months/2 years ago discussing a merge with
Tuffley Rovers,that’s how much opinions have changed.
Im sure you will feel very proud when you watch the
Team run out at MP and all this will be just another
Part of our long and turbulent history!

As a very long suffering and occasionally exulted fan my thanks to you, EFM and the Lord for leading us through these times and giving us a plan and hope for the future.

It won't be too long before we are playing at Meadow Park again!

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(04-04-2020, 04:04 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Citygull,

Eric Van DF,

AP

Don't worry Alex, I long ago learned to hope for the best but expect the worst... That way I'm seldom disappointed

(04-04-2020, 03:13 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 02:47 PM)Citygull Wrote:  
(04-04-2020, 12:31 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Alex, massive thanks to you, Steve, Eamonn, all those unnamed people and the players.
I certainly appreciate the huge efforts being undertaken to get us home and get us playing again, and the efforts to keep us afloat for the past 13 years.

With you 100% on this ODG.  Thanks Guys for giving us hope, and now expectation.
Cheers Gull, one thing I ask.....can you stop sh1tting on my patio and squawking on my roof at 5am please?!

Apologies ODG, won't happen again. Essential journeys only these days so will be sh1tting on my own doorstep until further notice.

As i said on twitter without Eamon AP and Steve there would be no GCFC, thanks for all you do, with regards to the season ticket it is a no brainer As a season ticket holder there is NO WAY that i would ask for a refund, these are just written off. Onwards and upwards for next season and everything willing we can start the season at MP

I am surprised that other clubs are starting to sell season tickets for next season. OK some need the cash, but you have no idea when the season is going to start or how many games it is going to be. At least the PL are giving some money and no doubt we will see some of it.

Hi Darren

You're made a good point and the below isn't aimed at you.....

People say things like 'no doubt we'll get something' all the time to me..... but the facts are they are just guessing ..... if we don't what then? Or if we get say £20k..... what then? I just keep on pumping in cash yea...? Oh and building a ground at the same time with rising cost as the world has gone mad! With the FSIF currently not funding there part .... theses are the current facts I'm dealing with....

And when will this cash land from the PL .... tomorrow? May? June? Everything is guessing...

It's easy for people to sit here and guess.... that's 100% why clubs are selling season tickets now, clubs/ people will do anything to raise money.

What I find funny about football, is fans quote facts to me about games, goals, league tables, points, managers runs etc.... they even projected worst case league table and shout "we're relegated" at Christmas ..... yet when it comes to things like money, they live in a dream world, guessing at the best case...

It's back to that word again ..... "hope"

AP

Yep.

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, then how you going to make a dream come true?

10 out of 10 for footballing zen