10 nationalities

Have we ever had such a cosmopolitan squad?

England
Ireland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Canada
France
Ghana
Switzerland
Guyana

It does seem unbelievable. Remember when we had the Australian, Steve Chipps when Chris Burns was manager? Had the French defender Niate on Trial during pre-season, went onto play for Torquay United. Also the French striker Diop. Think we had a Spanish striker on loan from Boston United? Antonio Alcatraz?

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Very diverse!

As a matter of interest what is the most unusual or remotest location we’ve had represented in our playing ranks? Have we ever had a Polynesian or perhaps someone from Nepal playing for City?

(08-02-2021, 08:22 AM)Andrew R Wrote:  Very diverse!

As a matter of interest what is the most unusual or remotest location we’ve had represented in our playing ranks? Have we ever had a Polynesian or perhaps someone from Nepal playing for City?

Kieran Thomas is from the Forest of Dean.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Careful!

Can Jack James represent Malta?
Thought I saw something on Twitter about that. Had a quick google and looks like he has dual nationality.

Not sure if it qualifies for the list?

Didn’t Jake Gosling represent Gibraltar. ( I can remember him putting the Brackley town keeper on his bottom with some nifty footwork in a 3-1 win away about 8 yrs ago ).

Jonte Smith - Bermuda; Jake Gosling - Gibraltar; Leroy Rosenior - Sierra Leone....

Fab could represent Réunion, that’s 6,100 miles into the Southern Hemisphere from Gloucester

(08-02-2021, 11:21 AM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Fab could represent Réunion, that’s 6,100 miles into the Southern Hemisphere from Gloucester

I've seen a couple of documentaries on Reunion; the last one being the Amazon Grand Tour special. 

The place is gorgeous and final resting place of a 17th Century French pirate nicknamed 'La Buse".