On this day in 2004 - April 10th

City win 2-0 away at Supermarine to secure their place in the newly formed Southern Premier. Lee Jeffries for both goals.

One player missed the game because he was sick, apparently, although it was later suggested that he couldn't make it because of more arresting circumstances!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimage...165884584/

That was a good team that Chris Burns assembled. Matt Bath was a consistent goalkeeper, Lee Smith was a revelation at right back having originally been a striker. Did we have Adam Haworth on loan from Bath City? Him and Lee Jeffries did well together. Burns and Mustoe adding grit and skill to the team. Jimmy Cox and Andy Hoskins prolific goalscorers. Adam Hemming on the bench, I thought he looked promising, don't think he played many games for us. For Swindon, was that Steve Jenkins that played for us? Tom King playing against us in goal.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Think it may have been Jenkins. There is another name in that Supermarine team who played and scored for us in one of our most notable victories. Who is it and what was the game?

Howarth said he'd sign for us the following season but signed for someone else instead. I don't think the management were very impressed with that.

(10-04-2020, 12:37 PM)Neil Wrote:  Think it may have been Jenkins. There is another name in that Supermarine team who played and scored for us in one of our most notable victories. Who is it and what was the game?

Howarth said he'd sign for us the following season but signed for someone else instead. I don't think the management were very impressed with that.

Steve Bennett who scored in our 10-0 FA Cup victory over Sudbury

Yeah, Steve Jenkins one of my best mates from school

(10-04-2020, 12:37 PM)Neil Wrote:  Think it may have been Jenkins. There is another name in that Supermarine team who played and scored for us in one of our most notable victories. Who is it and what was the game?

Adam Howarth was a class act. I remember him nearly scoring a scissor kick vs Redditch that got handled on the line. Burnsy went mental when he signed for Cirencester. "Bare faced liar" were the words used I think. Funny to think there was a period when Ciren were a more attractive proposition than us. They even took Smithy from us.

We did have a great team that season. I think we may have had a proper promotion (rather than a semi-promotion) if it wasn't a restructuring season. Shame the squad fell apart soon after.

They paid almost £10k for Lee!

Ciren's money dried up thankfully