Curzon Ashton (H)

Really hoping we get a good crowd for this one, we need to keep the momentum up. At the moment I don't think we've converted all the casual fans into regular fans.

Curzon have only lost one game so far... will be a tough one.

They outplayed Leamington 3-0 last weekend (at Leamington). Here's what Brakes boss Paul Holleran said:
" They’ve smothered us all over the pitch, their set plays were on a button, they’ve put us under a lot of pressure and we’ve cracked."

World Cup winning (he didn’t play but was awarded a medal in later life) midfielder Ron Flowers’ grandson Harry will likely be marshalling their backline tomorrow. No relation to Tim.

(10-09-2021, 09:29 AM)Kitto Wrote:  Really hoping we get a good crowd for this one, we need to keep the momentum up. At the moment I don't think we've converted all the casual fans into regular fans.

Curzon have only lost one game so far... will be a tough one.

I think we need a good season under our belt to get people really hooked and some momentum, we clearly have the wrong momentum currently, hope this group can turn it around as it looks as if we are unlikely to see any new faces?

No signings, so presumably with Fab out we are in a worse position than last week. Lump your bets on Curzon then and at least we can make a donation to the Trust when we lose.

Curzon strong favourites on form for sure.
I hoped for at least one based on APs last week....

Seems like the past driving to Evesham not expecting a result I thought all that was in the behind us. Lose again this week and we will soon be playing in front of two or three hundred again,, can't anyone give the manager a bit of a shake up ?.

That comment about smothered all over the pitch. Cue long balls from the back, tippy tappy crazy passes ?  I can't see how this current squad can change things.

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/post/p...n-ashton-h Here's the match preview...

(10-09-2021, 04:32 PM)Nigeglos Wrote:  That comment about smothered all over the pitch. Cue long balls from the back, tippy tappy crazy passes ?  I can't see how this current squad can change things.
Yes that's my fear too.  Let's hope Tommy O is back to help us compete in midfield at least.  Or that someone, somewhere, is about to unveil a cunning plan!