Gloucester Rugby. Another hard season?

(31-10-2021, 03:53 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Bath were the most successful in the 80s/90s before the game went professional and other teams had thier moment like Leicester,I don't know if it has changed but if you win the league you then have to play the winner of the 2nd/3rd team too actually win the league (yes you did understand) stupid isn't it?
I believe Gloucester Rugby finished top of the league one season? That would NORMALLY see you as Champions, but no, Gloucester had to play the runners up, in order to win the league. Gloucester lost in these play offs. 
 How can this be right? What is the point of trying to get as many points as you can to try and Win the league?

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

You can win the league by 20 points and still finish second,I'm guessing it's all to do with money.

No, it's because rugby doesn't matter.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(31-10-2021, 04:22 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  I believe Gloucester Rugby finished top of the league one season? That would NORMALLY see you as Champions, but no, Gloucester had to play the runners up, in order to win the league. Gloucester lost in these play offs. 
 How can this be right? What is the point of trying to get as many points as you can to try and Win the league?

Gloucester have actually finished top of the league 3 times (2003/07/08), losing twice in the play-off final and once in the semi-final, so have never been crowned champions.

There will be 14 teams in the Premiership next season as there is no relegation this year, however one club will be promoted (probably Ealing Trailfinders if they can find another ground as their present one is currently not up to Premiership spec.).

Hopefully it'll be Cornish Pirates coming up - Ealing Trailfinders would be such a boring addition.

Agreed, although I think Cornish Pirates are in the same predicament as Ealing - no suitable ground currently. Closest one for them would be at Plymouth 70ish miles away (presumably Plymouth Argyles'), but plans are afoot for a new stadium near Truro (?) possibly to share with Truro City FC.