·
2h
Replying to
@KentOnlineSport
and
@FIFC
Shame about the
@GCAFCofficial
fans and their racist and homophobic chanting.
I accused the ref of being a ‘homer’ as in favouring the home team. I hope that’s not been misconstrued.

Welcome to NMP , LM you have your work cut out, sadly we are a shadow of the team JR assembled, our position in the league, our form and inability to score speaks for itself.
I wasn’t at FI today so cannot comment on the performance but the result speaks for itself.
The old adage of ‘we can concentrate on the league ‘ has never sounded so rueful.

(02-10-2021, 08:35 PM)Darran Wrote:  Sad if this is true

My Morning View
@shaunstaveley
·
2h
Replying to
@KentOnlineSport
and
@FIFC
Shame about the
@GCAFCofficial
fans and their racist and homophobic chanting.

A formal complaint has been made to the club. Sadly the players heard it too and the comment was made toward one of our players from our fans.

Sadly that supporter of GCAFC will now face a club home and away ban. Which I’ll have to deal with next week.

AP

I expect when a new manager comes in and imagines their ideal first game - the trip today, conditions, the red card and the decent opposition wouldn’t be top of anyone’s list!

The red card and goal scenario was totally avoidable, a bit of communication at the back and our two don’t collide into each other, Thompson doesn’t have to pull him down and they then score from the corner that results from that.

Disappointing to be out of the cup, but it feels like one of those losses you take on the chin. We move on, let’s give Mansell some time.

(02-10-2021, 10:01 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  A formal complaint has been made to the club. Sadly the players heard it too and the comment was made toward one of our players from our fans.

Sadly that supporter of GCAFC will now face a club home and away ban. Which I’ll have to deal with next week.

AP
A pretty sad state of affairs indeed. Each of those offences, for a player, would get a 6-12 match ban. Two Birmingham fans were arrested a couple of weeks ago over allegations of racist abuse. I don’t envy you at all AP, I hope the player is doing okay.

I am greatly dismayed by reading the above, I thought as a Club we were above reproach when it came to our integration of players and fans alike.
Ban the individual, if necessary go public name and shame.
Really disappointed.

Shocking if true. Not heard anything racial at City since Banbury in 2002. Thought we were way past all that.

Hopefully it's not true. It's the last thing we need as a club.

MeadowClark - entirely agree with your last paragraph . It’s happened lets move on.

AP stated we are now over budget - well we all know how that can be solved and if a few established non performing names have to go in the cull then so be it freeing up cash for more experienced players ( might struggle to recruit this time of the season tho)

There is no place for racism or homophobia in society. AP is to be commended for posting and seeking to take decisive action.

It goes without saying any sorts of offensive chanting at a match should be stamped out and suitable punishments given.
Without using offensive words does anyone who went have an indication of what is being suggested here? The Twitter post mentions chanting (ie multiple people) whereas AP suggests a 1 on 1.