New Signing - 7th Oct 2021

Worrying reaction from Barnet fans on Twitter as they signed daly to replace him as he was that bad. Some of them mentioned the Boreham Wood game on tv where he was especially bad. He never played for them again for flowers but returned to the side in May for the final month of the season where apparently he did so something and they were a much better team then which must have helped.

(07-10-2021, 05:37 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  I was worried, with that neat, unbroken nose, he might be a bit pretty for your liking Kenneth! Smile
 No doubt he will soon have his nose reconstructed playing against some of those rough asses up north.

(07-10-2021, 07:02 PM)Darran Wrote:  Worrying reaction from Barnet fans on Twitter as they signed daly to replace him as he was that bad. Some of them mentioned the Boreham Wood game on tv where he was especially bad. He never played for them again for flowers but returned to the side in May for the final month of the season where apparently he did so something and they were a much better team then which must have helped.
Barnet are a mess of a football club,not a great place for any player to shine, it says on Wiki that when he was at Gillingham in L1 he turned down a new contract to sign for Stevenage.
I hope we try and play with 3 CB instead of 2, may even be better for Harrison and get more out of him.ñ

What is his squad number please?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

I think the clue to his number is just below his name on the shirt. Come on Neil pull yourself together.

Nice one Columbo. I hadn't seen that!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(07-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Barnet are a mess of a football club,not a great place for any player to shine, it says on Wiki that when he was at Gillingham in L1 he turned down a new contract to sign for Stevenage.
I hope we try and play with 3 CB instead of 2, may even be better for Harrison and get more out of him.ñ

If Dean Brennan is happy to let him go then he clearly doesn't see him as being up to National League level anymore. The one thing to cling onto is the fact he featured when Barnet were in better health back in May. Hopefully he can find his form again and he clearly is going to get the game time he wasn't getting at Barnet.

(08-10-2021, 12:24 AM)Darran Wrote:  If Dean Brennan is happy to let him go then he clearly doesn't see him as being up to National League level anymore. The one thing to cling onto is the fact he featured when Barnet were in better health back in May. Hopefully he can find his form again and he clearly is going to get the game time he wasn't getting at Barnet.
We need players of NL level to be able to move on. Ben has obviously played at a much higher level, so hopefully Barnet was a hiccup and we'll get the best out of him.  An issue, as last season showed, is about how to retain good players ( and managers) that clubs further up the pyramid want. In our semi-pro days with more local players it wasn't so much of a problem - but we are not going to get out of this league with local talent alone. We are new to being a fully pro club and it's brought issues that we haven't had to deal with before.

(08-10-2021, 01:40 PM)Paul Wrote:  We need players of NL level to be able to move on. Ben has obviously played at a much higher level, so hopefully Barnet was a hiccup and we'll get the best out of him.  An issue, as last season showed, is about how to retain good players ( and managers) that clubs further up the pyramid want. In our semi-pro days with more local players it wasn't so much of a problem - but we are not going to get out of this league with local talent alone. We are new to being a fully pro club and it's brought issues that we haven't had to deal with before.

Well said Paul 100% agree.

Dejon Noel Williams new signing - CityGull, let me know what the lottery numbers are for Tuesday please.