Gloucester City AFC Advent Calendar.

TWENTYFIRST August 2002.

On this Date, Gloucester City AFC were away to Taunton Town, in a Dr Martens League Western Division fixture. Played in front of a crowd of 478, City won 2 - 0. Striker turned right back Lee Smith scoring both of the goals.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

TWENTYSECOND October 2002.

Gloucester City had not quite 'El Glosico' on this date. But we were where we were, so this was our Derby at the time.
 We were away to Cirencester Town, for a Dr Martens League Western Division fixture. City won the match 3 - 0, Chris Thompson, Dave Wilkinson and Player-Manager Chris Burns were the goalscorers.
 Not quite a Derby Sell-Out, the attendance was 196.

TWENTYTHIRD August  2003.

On this date, Gloucester City AFC had a home match against Atherstone United. This was a Dr Martens League match. City beat Atherstone 4 - 1, the goalscorers were, Lee Jeffries, Neil Griffiths, (Own Goal), and Adam Hemming. Defenders and Wingbacks scoring in this game, no  Andy Hoskins or Jimmy Cox on the scoresheet. A crowd of 355 were in attendance.

# Obtaining Information from Neil's excellent Tiger Roar Website, this match has 
   been highlighted. I think Atherstone had to pull out from the league?

Yep, they went under because of about £16,000 IIRC.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

TWENTYFOURTH January 2004.

Gloucester City AFC were at Yate Town, playing them in a Dr Martens League Western Division fixture. It was a 2 -1 defeat for Gloucester, Andy Hoskins scoring City's goal.
    The game was played in front of a crowd of 292.

TWENTYFIFTH September 2021.

I thought I would fast forward to our latest fixture that was on the 25th.
    On this Date, Gloucester City AFC were away to Gateshead in the National League North. A crowd of 838 was at the Gateshead Athletics Stadium. Gloucester City lost 3 - 0, in what proved to be Paul Grove's last match as Gloucester City AFC manager.

Wishing all Gloucester City AFC Supporters a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

What an ending.

Merry Xmas all

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(25-12-2021, 01:44 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  What an ending. 

Merry Xmas all
Sorry, noticed afterwards, not exactly ending on a high. Here is a BONUS Boxing Day entry for the GCAFC Advent Calendar. 

TWENTYSIXTH December 1996.

This has to be one of my favourite Gloucester City AFC Boxing Day games. Gloucester were home to C********m Town, playing them in a Beazer Homes Premier Division fixture. Gloucester and C********m were riding high in the league.
 For this 'El Glosico' clash, the Meadow Park attendance was 2145. I think for C********m, Steve Cotterill was playing up front? Not sure if he was appointed there Manager at this time, or was it in the New Year? Think there previous Manager was Chris Robinson?
 Onto the game, City went 1 - 0 down, Jamie Victory scoring for the visitors. But C********m were to be denied victory, as Gloucester came back to score two goals, both scored by City's prolific striker Dale Watkins.
 The Final Score for this Boxing Day clash:-

Gloucester City 2 - 1 C********m Town.

(26-12-2021, 08:47 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  Sorry, noticed afterwards, not exactly ending on a high. Here is a BONUS Boxing Day entry for the GCAFC Advent Calendar. 

TWENTYSIXTH December 1996.

This has to be one of my favourite Gloucester City AFC Boxing Day games. Gloucester were home to C********m Town, playing them in a Beazer Homes Premier Division fixture. Gloucester and C********m were riding high in the league.
 For this 'El Glosico' clash, the Meadow Park attendance was 2145. I think for C********m, Steve Cotterill was playing up front? Not sure if he was appointed there Manager at this time, or was it in the New Year? Think there previous Manager was Chris Robinson?
 Onto the game, City went 1 - 0 down, Jamie Victory scoring for the visitors. But C********m were to be denied victory, as Gloucester came back to score two goals, both scored by City's prolific striker Dale Watkins.
 The Final Score for this Boxing Day clash:-

Gloucester City 2 - 1 C********m Town.

Was this the game when Dale  scored his second goal and there seemed to be a delay from city fans in the T END of which I was one ? It seemed like ages that the roar came from us in the T END  and that we had scored? Probably the best win for me against them. We deserved to win that game.
Brilliant day at Meadow park ?let's have another today against  the breaks.

Whoop's forgot to whish you all had a good Christmas day and looking forwards to a happy new year for you and all family and friends and of course a successful 2022 for the red and yellows team and all connected to the club .

Not forgetting the members of the miserable ,moaning grumpy , and ugly old buggers club, (a club with in a club clubs club ,)keep up the good work and remember to up hold the tradition's of our special club ,(a club with in a club ,clubs ,club ,)
Keep moaning and being a grumpy old  bugger and then you will know it's going to be a happy new year for you at least going into  2022 
Your ex self appointed chairman and now drink free and making me more miserable by the second
Grey beard.
For non members of our beloved club have a happy new year to you all ,if you are feeling a bit old or grumpy you might consider joining our (club ,with in a club ,clubs ,club ) and join us other like minded fans in the city stand on match days down at New Meadow Park. Nothing like shouting at the officials in black to make you feel better after a shandy or two.