The City Open Forum
home match streams - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: home match streams (/showthread.php?tid=339)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: home match streams - Lee - 07-10-2020

Some very good feedback from the stream and the chat feature makes it quite fun I think too.

Personally I hate 99 pence, why do it? Doesn't even work for a VAT rate of 20% Just make it a round £8.00, that's what we do on the turnstiles

Price point is about right. Let people buy virtual pints and burgers too to top up donations. On hand to help with setting that up if you wanted, Nick has my number

RE: home match streams - Darran - 07-10-2020

I think if we were to do it on Twitch I would look to do for free and look for ads/donations to make up the cash, but as I said earlier in the thread I am not sure the extra cash do an all singing and dancing stream is necessary. Obviously that does leave the matter of season ticket holders to sort out so that makes things tricky if doing it for free.

RE: home match streams - Prorsum Semper - 07-10-2020

The stream was great,I would pay Happily 7.99 no problem
but would prefer a ST ticket for an access code for the whole season and pay in a lump sum.
Alex, Is there a chance that once fans are back in the grounds that the club can continue to stream games and we pay the 7.99 or a virtual ST, Yesterday was something that I never thought I would see living in another country and it was great? Thanks again

RE: home match streams - Si Robin - 07-10-2020

The only criticism (and I like to think it's constructive, as I have no dog in this fight) is the location of the camera being so much into one half of the pitch.

The background is irrelevant when all you care about is what's on the pitch, but if you could get it closer to the halfway line, and maybe higher (bear in mind I don't know if this even feasible) then that would make a world of difference.

RE: home match streams - Reasonabull - 07-10-2020

For what it’s worth the Southport stream v Hereford last night was appalling - kept buffering and dropping out. It was so bad they had to do it for free on YouTube in the second half! For £10 it was robbery! When fans asked for their money back they were told to ‘prove you couldn’t view it’!!
Wouldn’t use Southport as an example if I were you!

RE: home match streams - Prorsum Semper - 07-10-2020

(07-10-2020, 11:44 AM)Reasonabull Wrote:  For what it’s worth the Southport stream v Hereford last night was appalling - kept buffering and dropping out. It was so bad they had to do it for free on YouTube in the second half! For £10 it was robbery! When fans asked for their money back they were told to ‘prove you couldn’t view it’!!
Wouldn’t use Southport as an example if I were you!
From what I’ve read about the game, might have been a blessing in disguise it couldn’t be watched by all!

RE: home match streams - Reasonabull - 07-10-2020

Well let’s see how you get on away from home before you start crowing!!

The game was played in a Gale with horrible rain against a bunch of long ball , long throw merchants- never going to be a great spectacle I’m afraid

RE: home match streams - Severnside - 07-10-2020

£7.99 seems fine and I would definately pay that or make it £8 as its simple.

RE: home match streams - Woody - 07-10-2020

Thought it was excellent last night, well done to all who helped to make it happen. Would obviously rather be there in person but if streaming is the only way we can see games for the foreseeable then happy to pay £8 per game. Like Lee said no point in it being 99p just round it up.

RE: home match streams - Tiger Andy - 07-10-2020

I thought the feed quality was good and the chat panel was good as well - very impressed really. Decent banter on there and over 700 watching.

First time using Twitch as well - appalling interface and design and drained my iPad's battery quicker than it was charging. Heyho, it all worked well and no buffering or anything so a crap purple interface that destroys my hardware is nothing to moan about given a 3-1 win.

I was impressed with the efforts and the performance was superb. First 30-40 minutes we bossed it, referee was a horror-show (I had forgotten how dodgy refs were in the BSN) and we took our foot of the gas a bit second-half which isn't a problem so early in the season. Kettering did well given the ref and their fans seemed liked a jolly bunch from the chat.

RESULT!